Over 75 and not yet dipped into your pension pot?

67 in August and not touched my pension pot yet. I draw the state pension but because i work for myself part time, if i drew my pension fully, i would be penalized iwth income tax. Why should i pay a lot of hopeless government officials more money that i do already. I will review my decision after Brexit and after the general election just in case as the demented pensioner gets elected

67 in August and not touched my pension pot yet. I draw the state pension but because i work for myself part time, if i drew my pension fully, i would be penalized iwth income tax. Why should i pay a lot of hopeless government officials more money that i do already. I will review my decision after Brexit and after the general election just in case as the demented pensioner gets elected
You're serious, aren't you?

Not wanting to draw your pension because you'll pay income tax, despite your own contributions being grossed up to get tax relief, any employer contributions being gratis, and the funds growing free of Capital Gains Tax.

Unglaublich.

Yep. I work for myself, earn a good wage, so some pay corporation tax, have a bloody good accountant who recommended to leave it. His one advice, take the state pension cos it takes too long to make up by leaving it for even one year.

I know a 73 year old contractor on 150,000 a year ( Own company , wife is on the board, basic pay with dividends, house , cars, room , sorry office in house) , and who has been on that for at least 15 years who just wants to keep on working.

don't earn that much but have house, car, mobile home / international / local office, minimum wage (cough), dividends, enough in the bank / ISA and I love my job so why give it up.