Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Over 50`s , How Knackered Are You ?

I was made redundant offered "voluntary" early retirement 3½ years ago. Since I'd have been retired at 63 last month anyway and wouldn't have the money in the bank from the redundancy package, I've now forgiven them (but I haven't forgotten).

Today they celebrated 60 years since they bought Hursley from Vickers, so I went for a nose. Everyone had aged a lot more than I have. Phil wasn't much older at all (or he'd already have gone before) but took a package same time I did.

He looked about ten years older, he's got Parkinson's and he couldn't remember my name. Sad to see him like that, but I've lost weight, health has improved (my knees back, etc seem to be in better nick than my RAC peers') and after meeting Phil, I actually feel younger than I did this morning.

I hate you.

Take joy in the knowledge that she'll kill him...........he'll die happy though.

Reading this thread so far has been humbling, informative and bloody scary.
Other half of the past 18 months is 25 years younger than me. Tried the blue and yellow pills in various strengths and didn't find them much practical use in action, so to speak, Despite the failure of the pills and the slovenly former RSM to come to attention, the intensity, longevity, frequency and pleasure of sex has been something of a revelation - f*cking amazing tbh.
BTW This isn't old-fart health-walting - I've embellished nothing. Was just impressed at what people have been contributing and decided to add my bit.

Being 60 has its drawbacks and like you I tried the pills. I did some reading around the subject after speaking with a bloke earlier in the year who had testosterone implants as he is mid-50's with a girlfriend in her early 30's.

What my reading threw out is that L'Argnine when taken along with Horny Goat Weed is a reasonable substitute you can drop daily. L'Argnine helps the body produce more Nitric Oxide which is needed for the old Sgt Maj to stand proud. Nitric oxide deficiency is also a factor in bad heart health.

Lets just say that since I have been taking the stuff I have been waking up most mornings playing tents, so I'm not dis-chuffed.

Take joy in the knowledge that she'll kill him...........he'll die happy though.

Being 60 has its drawbacks and like you I tried the pills. I did some reading around the subject after speaking with a bloke earlier in the year who had testosterone implants as he is mid-50's with a girlfriend in her early 30's.

What my reading threw out is that L'Argnine when taken along with Horny Goat Weed is a reasonable substitute you can drop daily. L'Argnine helps the body produce more Nitric Oxide which is needed for the old Sgt Maj to stand proud. Nitric oxide deficiency is also a factor in bad heart health.

Lets just say that since I have been taking the stuff I have been waking up most mornings playing tents, so I'm not dis-chuffed.

Wallah Ya Fendi thank you for this exceptional piece of intel! May your tents stand high all day and be resilient in the wind!
I can't wait to try it out, where does one obtain L'argnine. Does it entail dealing with ahem .... frogs?
How should one smoke the Horny Goat weed - in a pipe or bong?
Are the substances you mentioned expensive?

Seriously though, the failure of the RSM and various medications, coupled with the extremely good relationship with the new other half, introduced me to a whole new dimension of sex - in which erection and orgasm really don't count for much at all, in fact a lot of things are radically freed up.
Sex sessions now lasts longer than they did when I was 20 - no performance fears, "coming to soon" or pregnancy. I have to use my creativity (and hands etc) to the utmost - sessions usually end with both of us falling down utterly exhausted.
I feel this information is important because of the amount of anxiety we men suffer over the whole subject. Certainly no one told me any of this - I had to find it out on my own.

We blokes need to free ourselves from the tyranny of the penis - there's a whole world of love and sex beyond it.
This stuff ought to be taught as basic life skills.

Last edited:
Wallah Ya Fendi thank you for this exceptional piece of intel! May your tents stand high all day and be resilient in the wind!
I can't wait to try it out, where does one obtain L'argnine. Does it entail dealing with ahem .... frogs?
How should one smoke the Horny Goat weed - in a pipe or bong?
Are the substances you mentioned expensive?

Seriously though, the failure of the RSM and various medications, coupled with the extremely good relationship with the new other half, introduced me to a whole new dimension of sex - in which erection and orgasm really don't count for much at all, in fact a lot of things are radically freed up.
Sex sessions now lasts longer than they did when I was 20 - no performance fears, "coming to soon" or pregnancy. I have to use my creativity (and hands etc) to the utmost - sessions usually end with both of us falling down utterly exhausted.
I feel this information is important because of the amount of anxiety we men suffer over the whole subject. Certainly no one told me any of this - I had to find it out on my own. Just for context - prior to our relationship I had been divorced for 17 years, during which I had no relationships of any kind (except with myself, sometimes).

We blokes need to free ourselves from the tyranny of the penis - there's a whole world of love and sex beyond it.

With you there fellah - shame you just learn all this good stuff when you get older.

L'Argnine and 'the weed' are available from health pill shops. I get my L'Argnine from @mazon and the horney goat weed off the shelf in the vitamin pill section of the supermarket.

Amazon product ASIN B01MS461VC

With you there fellah - shame you just learn all this good stuff when you get older.

L'Argnine and 'the weed' are available from health pill shops. I get my L'Argnine from @mazon and the horney goat weed off the shelf in the vitamin pill section of the supermarket.

Amazon product ASIN B01MS461VC

To add: When I started taking the supplements it was not instant, it took a few days, it may not work for everyone and it may work to different degree's. My problem is that I take BP tablets which due to their blood pressure lowering effects lower the BP to all parts of the body - the Doc told me as much and offered me blue pill's when he gave me the BP pill's. All I know is I'm happy with the L'Argnine and weed, I take 2 L'A and 3 weed pills daily - not quite normal service but, along with everything else it's all good.

No point teaching it to the young.

a) why should they have the fun?

b) until the brain finally does the thinking instead of the penis, it would be a waste of teaching!

To add: When I started taking the supplements it was not instant, it took a few days, it may not work for everyone and it may work to different degree's. My problem is that I take BP tablets which due to their blood pressure lowering effects lower the BP to all parts of the body - the Doc told me as much and offered me blue pill's when he gave me the BP pill's. All I know is I'm happy with the L'Argnine and weed, I take 2 L'A and 3 weed pills daily - not quite normal service but, along with everything else it's all good.
So the L'Argnine has not allowed you to stop taking BP pills?

I've recently come to the conclusion that the biggest "health gamble" of all is whether or not you have a sensible, experienced GP!

Had the same chap for over 35 years. He would never prescribe unless he genuinely felt it would be a benefit to me. Had no time for trivial complaints. Not sleeping well? - you need to go away and get on with it. HRT - you don't need it - it's not compulsory to have menopause symptoms. He knew all about my health before I walked through the door by the simple expedient of having confidence in his own experience, quick check on the computer as a reminder. Jobbed.

When he finally retired (actually, he took up a part time role as an A&E Consultant - the nutter), I've endured endless questions, lack of continuity, unnecessary tests etc. I know why this box-ticking rubbish happens and try to be patient (swidt). But it's such a retrograde step, it boils my piss sometimes. :-(

Medication taken at the moment for both conditions - Omazeprole, Linagliptin, Metformin (combo with another drug I can't remember the name of), Gliclazide, Ticagrelor, Aspirin, Bisoprolol, Ramipril, Atorvastatin. (drugs in bold are twice a day).
!
I think I have a one pill fits all replacement

64 years old.
Prostate cancer - terminal.

4cm anyeurism in my common/external iliac which is about to be operated on. The usual diameter of the iliac is around 1cm so it's about to rupture :relax:. My cardiologist doesn't seem too bothered so I'm not.

Other than that, fit as a butchers dog.

64 years old.
Prostate cancer - terminal.

4cm anyeurism in my common/external iliac which is about to be operated on. The usual diameter of the iliac is around 1cm so it's about to rupture :relax:. My cardiologist doesn't seem too bothered so I'm not.

Other than that, fit as a butchers dog.

Bummer.

If you see what I mean ....