Over 50`s , How Knackered Are You ?

This is the amount of pills taken every morning, as you can see , it's a lovely array of colours
Are you sure the one on the right isn't a suppository? ;-)

From the top down
Age 63, although I was 23 when I was born. Actually that's bollocks, I was born at a very early age and spent the first few days in hospital so I could be by me mum.

Cognitive impairment/brainfuckery, dizziness, overwhelming fatigue
Eyesight goosed, have varifocal pedo specs that are worn 24/7, even while asleep
Emphysema/COPD
GERD
Gallstones
Hiatus hernia
Slightly leaky ticker valves, one atria (can't remember which)on verge of distention
Knackered back/neck with degenerative bits, narrowed vertebral column space, dodgy discs in various parts and at least one wedging fracture.
Degeneration of shoulder joints, periodic calcific tendonitis
Fractured sternum and ribs, partially healed
Benign tumour on left adrenal gland
Missing sigmoid colon - three ars'holes, two bags. You'd think at least one ars'hole would work properly but apparently that's not allowed in these PC times
Stricture in colon behind colostomy requiring liquid diet plus frazzles
Tennis ball sized mass in pelvis, a foreign body response due to retained surgical instrument
Fist-sized hole in left iliac/pelvis
Sciatica
Nail in left femur to stop it breaking
Inguinal hernia
Peripheral neuropathy in legs/feet
Bone pain all over, mostly controlled by morphine
Systemic arthralgia
Muscle atrophy
Can barely walk, never mind exercise
Anaemia
And a touch of cancer
Ent ded

Basically, I'm as fit as a very, very ill butcher's dog. I've been thinking about watching a marathon.

ETA - I've got a PIP assessment in a couple of weeks. No doubt I'll be found fit for work.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
From the top down
Age 63, although I was 23 when I was born. Actually that's bollocks, I was born at a very early age and spent the first few days in hospital so I could be by me mum.

Cognitive impairment/brainfuckery, dizziness, overwhelming fatigue
Eyesight goosed, have varifocal pedo specs that are worn 24/7, even while asleep
Emphysema/COPD
GERD
Gallstones
Hiatus hernia
Slightly leaky ticker valves, one atria (can't remember which)on verge of distention
Knackered back/neck with degenerative bits, narrowed vertebral column space, dodgy discs in various parts and at least one wedging fracture.
Degeneration of shoulder joints, periodic calcific tendonitis
Fractured sternum and ribs, partially healed
Benign tumour on left adrenal gland
Missing sigmoid colon - three ars'holes, two bags. You'd think at least one ars'hole would work properly but apparently that's not allowed in these PC times
Stricture in colon behind colostomy requiring liquid diet plus frazzles
Tennis ball sized mass in pelvis, a foreign body response due to retained surgical instrument
Fist-sized hole in left iliac/pelvis
Sciatica
Nail in left femur to stop it breaking
Inguinal hernia
Peripheral neuropathy in legs/feet
Bone pain all over, mostly controlled by morphine
Systemic arthralgia
Muscle atrophy
Can barely walk, never mind exercise
Anaemia
And a touch of cancer
Ent ded

Basically, I'm as fit as a very, very ill butcher's dog. I've been thinking about watching a marathon.

ETA - I've got a PIP assessment in a couple of weeks. No doubt I'll be found fit for work.
Other than that you`re okay then?

Well I retired almost a year ago at 65.
I feel as fit as I was 20 years ago, I weigh 10 K less than a year ago (cut out sandwiches and now eat my main meal between 1500 and 1700, all this without any thinking about it) and have 2.5 K more in my current account.
I feel a bit of a phoney to be honest but no complaints.
I do take Vit D supplements and statins but don't most people?

On a serious note , it must cross some people mind to off themselves when they have serious illness and theres no chance of improvement? I dont think I`d be able to deal with it that well , most likely get my affairs in order and reach for the mess revolver ...

On a serious note , it must cross some people mind to off themselves when they have serious illness and theres no chance of improvement? I dont think I`d be able to deal with it that well , most likely get my affairs in order and reach for the mess revolver ...
I've never thought about it and don't particularly care about the state of me; I am as I am. Such is life.

Basically, I don't give much of a shit about anything.

Well I retired almost a year ago at 65.
I feel as fit as I was 20 years ago, I weigh 10 K less than a year ago (cut out sandwiches and now eat my main meal between 1500 and 1700, all this without any thinking about it) and have 2.5 K more in my current account.
I feel a bit of a phoney to be honest but no complaints.
I do take Vit D supplements and statins but don't most people?
what are statins?

what are statins?
Statins
Statins are a group of medicines that can help lower the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in the blood.

LDL cholesterol is often referred to as "bad cholesterol", and statins reduce the production of it inside the liver.
Although as mentioned on here they don’t suit everybody

58, bad back due to a bad fall during PO training which medically retired me.
High blood pressure now controlled by meds which led to :-
End stage kidney disease leaving me with 14% kidney function , leaving me continually tired , out of breath etc . I have a donor who is a match but until I hit 10% they won't do anything.

'If you were attended to by a veterinarian - rather than an MD - I think we all know what the prognosis would be'

Yep, but I bet he'd take the opportunity to stick half his arm up me bottom first. All medicos seem to want to do this, maybe I've just got a nice bottom.

'If you were attended to by a veterinarian - rather than an MD - I think we all know what the prognosis would be'

Yep, but I bet he'd take the opportunity to stick half his arm up me bottom first. All medicos seem to want to do this, maybe I've just got a nice bottom.
You keep misunderstanding them its postrate not prostate

Genuine question for the over 50s...how's the sex life after you hit 50 or 60? I am sure I will find out for myself in about 15yrs but wanted to know. When I was a bit younger and in my 20s, just the thought of people after 50 having sex just made me go eewwww!

Genuine question for the over 50s...how's the sex life after you hit 50 or 60? I am sure I will find out for myself in about 15yrs but wanted to know. When I was a bit younger and in my 20s, just the thought of people after 50 having sex just made me go eewwww!
It's awesome.

I think.

What was the question again?

At home, legitimately, as a shared activity, it depends totally, ABSOLUTELY, on the enthusiasm and willingness - OR NOT - of one's partner :( .

Last edited:
Over the past 18 months I've discovered it can even be better than in one's 30's, the "catch" is that it depends a lot on the quality and depth of the relationship and if the desire for sex is reciprocated by your partner. Letting go of all preconceptions about how it is supposed to be or what it should look like, could be of help.

I've also found that luckily enough, it isn't dependent on achieving an erection.

Last edited: