Over 50`s , How Knackered Are You ?

I'm 62 years young, I walk around 5 miles every day taking the dogs out most of it up and down mountainous terrain. I also jog for an hour a couple of days a week and I kept up my fitness after leaving the Army and later on becoming a State Trooper I left the doughnuts well alone.

Hair colour is what my wife calls salt and pepper whatever the feck that is, I call it gray and not going bald.

No health issues, not on any medication, still have all my own teeth.

Edit to add that I would be more than happy to shag 25 year old women but there are none around, the only female around these parts is some old woman that keeps pestering me with stuff that's really, really interesting in a comatose sort of way.
We're about even, I'd say, but I hope I can match you in a couple of years. After a bad case of septicaemia (following an NHS biopsy) a couple of years ago, and recurring prostatitis, I don't have quite the same stamina but still manage 5 miles per day at work or walking. I'd say working outside using the muscles and a healthy diet have worked well.

Stopped smoking recently, and changed diet, drastically. The infections and PSA levels are way down, now it's just fighting the flab ;)

I was waiting for that!

The answer is - not necessarily! It's perfectly possible to open one's mouth and breathe through one's nose. Unless one is Welsh of course.
Don't look at me, I was born in Londonistan

We're about even, I'd say, but I hope I can match you in a couple of years. After a bad case of septicaemia (following an NHS biopsy) a couple of years ago, and recurring prostatitis, I don't have quite the same stamina but still manage 5 miles per day at work or walking. I'd say working outside using the muscles and a healthy diet have worked well.

Stopped smoking recently, and changed diet, drastically. The infections and PSA levels are way down, now it's just fighting the flab ;)
I sincerely hope you make a full recovery. Like you, I work outside most of the day as well. Healthy eating has always been a part of my life the past 40 years as I'm married to a Doc. When I was in the Army I kicked the arrse out of the drinking especially over in BAOR. When I left the Army I more or less gave it up, these days it's the occasional nip of the water of life.

I sincerely hope you make a full recovery. Like you, I work outside most of the day as well. Healthy eating has always been a part of my life the past 40 years as I'm married to a Doc. When I was in the Army I kicked the arrse out of the drinking especially over in BAOR. When I left the Army I more or less gave it up, these days it's the occasional nip of the water of life.
Do you still have to copay?

Do you still have to copay?
I think we do but couldn't tell you what it is as she deals with it and gets it through some professional body for doctors. I do know our deductible is around $200 a year, that's about all I know. She did say once that since she retired, the money she was paying for medical liability insurance is way more and easily covers what we pay for health insurance.

She does all the money and I just let her get on with it.

Last edited:
I have a bad back, dodgy ankle and I survive on blue pills to keep the Mrs happy PM&AM. In fact I’m exactly the same as I was at 30 (without the blue tabs).

I`m over 50 and started listing all the health issues I have , quite a depressing list and I`m not over weight and look after myself , fact hunts may be worse off than me or better ? On the plus side I can still get the attention of the ladies as young as 25 and can physically out work builders in their 20`s .

Here goes..

• Hearing in one ear ...ear defenders weren't allowed on the range in my day.
  • Eyes - short sighted so glasses needed
  • Lower back - painful most of the time so I often walk like a spacker.
  • Bad guts , regularly get the shits and serious stomach cramps - cant drink beer any more without suffering badly , rum or vodka these days.
  • High blood pressure unless I use meds.
  • Mouldy toe nails
  • 5-6 teeth missing
  • Knees ache like fcuk by the afternoon.
  • Bald patch
  • All the above doesn't help with depression.

Can you beat that list or is it time for the mess revolver?
Are you me?
Am I you?
(Something similar may have already been posted,a thousand pardons if so. I'm not going thru twenty odd pages. I can't be arrsed).

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Apologies for thread overlap on the subject of targeting flabby areas. Long story short - I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last year, but whilst my bulbous buttocks which would have been the envy of a Kalahari bushman have shrunk, the counterweight rolls of lard on the front show no sign of ******* off any time shortly,

I have , of course, taken on board the sensible advice that one cannot target specific areas, but why would my buttocks shrink away whilst the front palaver is still hanging around (literally) ?

Apologies for thread overlap on the subject of targeting flabby areas. Long story short - I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last year, but whilst my bulbous buttocks which would have been the envy of a Kalahari bushman have shrunk, the counterweight rolls of lard on the front show no sign of ******* off any time shortly,

I have , of course, taken on board the sensible advice that one cannot target specific areas, but why would my buttocks shrink away whilst the front palaver is still hanging around (literally) ?
A few posts back you mentioned going to the toilet multiple times during the night (I've read this can be a sign of stress and it's the stress hormone cortisol that wakes us up).

In another post you mentioned you'd had a mega stressful time. And I believe stress hormones can make people (for some reason) put on weight around their stomach.

I'm just guessing, 'cos obviously I'm no expert, but I think stress could be a factor.

Try one oof these the other way round?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
56 years old, Type 2 Diabetes and 2 heart attacks under my belt, 2 stents fitted (was lucky there as it should really have been bypass surgery, but due to one of the arteries that would have been attached to being too narrow [naturally, not down to plaque build up], they decided on stents). Have now given up smoking, total diet change (massive decrease in carbs, so very little rice, pasta and spuds :(). Unfortunately, all of this has led to a slight decline in fitness, I used to be able to walk for miles but since my last HA in July, walking more than half mile leads to my calves tightening up and aching, still able to use the exercise bike at home though so not too bad.
Medication taken at the moment for both conditions - Omazeprole, Linagliptin, Metformin (combo with another drug I can't remember the name of), Gliclazide, Ticagrelor, Aspirin, Bisoprolol, Ramipril, Atorvastatin. (drugs in bold are twice a day).
Oh, and my knees are starting to creak and grind as well now!

Last edited:
Medication taken at the moment for both conditions - Omazeprole, Linagliptin, Metformin (combo with another drug I can't remember the name of), Gliclazide, Ticagrelor, Aspirin, Bisoprolol, Ramipril, Atorvastatin. (drugs in bold are twice a day).
Fekin hell Joker! Do you rattle when you walk mate?