Over 37 Provision

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Pieeater, May 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been at my new unit for three months and I've just bought a house so the wife and kids are going back asap and I'll go in the Mess. Can anyone tell me what to expect financially? I've booked removals and they're coming next week, I take it the 'firm' will fly the gang back to UK. Trouble is will it be a trooping flight or can I get them to a closer airport. Not wanting to sound ungrateful but Stanstead is no good to them seeing as they've then got to head up North on the train. Can anyone help as my AGC type punters don't seem to have any answers? Many Thanks!!

2. Assuming you had disturbance allowance for your move to your current unit you will not be entitled to DA to move your family back to UK:

"Where the soldier opts for the Provision within 6 months of a change of PStat Cat to 1 or 2, or a permanent assignment, DA will only be paid for an associated family move if it had not been claimed for a previous family move within the previous 6 months."

In same circumstances you will not be eligible for MOD funded move of personal effects either:

"Where the soldier opts for the Provision within 6 months of a change of PStat Cat to 1 or 2, or a permanent assignment, movement of PE at public expense will only be paid for an associated family move if it had not been paid for a previous family move within the last 6 months."

You will be entitled to LSA level 1 as family will be in a different theatre (no claim to GYH(T))

You will have a waiver on SLA charges, but will obviously pay food element or PAYD charges

If receiving Continuity of Education Allowance you will more than likely become ineligible.

3. PS.

Did not see anything in the regulations, but in circumstances above I suspect you will have to self fund move of family back to UK as well.

4. Added for clarity.

However, if your move to your last unit did not involve a move of quarter, claim for DA or PE, then you will be fully entitled for all of the costs of your move.

I would still be unclear about costs of flights for family in these circumstances, but cannot see why you should not be entitled if you are entitled to DA and PE move.

Hope this helps clarify the situation.

PS. Tell you fat arrse clerks to use their fingers and look up JSP 752 chapter 7 section 8 - they will find all the details laid out in a nice simple manner so that even they can understand them. They could then ask you some simple questions and clarify the position as outlined in these responses.