Over 37 package

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by pmc_abo, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can I claim it if I already am in SFA and do not want to uproot my wife. ie.
    (a) my spouse (civilian) stays in the SFA
    (b) I live in SLA (mess ) 2 hours away.

Or is it only for those who have their own home? (havent got access to UAO at current mo in time)

2. I don't think so, unless the rules have changed. When I did it, A few years back, I had to apply to retain the quarter and then paid both quarter charge and SLA + CILOCT for both. So I bit the bullet in moved into SFA at the new unit.

3. Looking at the JSP it all boils down to what you interpret as being a Householder - the JSP says that a serviceperson must be a householder or home owner to receive the over 37 package.

At my unit we have taken the view that a householder is someone that rents a house, be it SFA or from a landlord.

4. 01.0228. Homeowner. A Homeowner is a Service person who owns a property, which is not let to another person, and in which they normally reside at weekends, stand downs or during periods of leave. If the Service person is Personal Status Category 1, 1c or 2, the property must be occupied by their immediate family.

01.0229. Householder. A Householder is a Service person who rents private accommodation, provided the rent is not paid wholly or in part by, or on behalf of, the MOD, which is not let to another person, and in which they normally reside at weekends, stand downs or during periods of leave. If the Service person is Personal Status Category 1, 1c/s or 2, the property must be occupied by their immediate family.

Definitions as per JSP 752, note that the rented accomodation must be PRIVATE not public accomodation therefore ruling out SFA.

5. A mate of mine (honestly - it's not me) at a joint services unit is an LE Offr who is living in SSSA. He gets FIA but he reckons he still pays accommodation charges. I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be paying that since he's on the Over 37 package, however his admin is pretty bad and I'm not sure if he just has a rubbish RAF clerk / bureaucrat who doesn't have a clue.

Anyone got any info on claiming FIA while on Over 37 package? I'm eligible later this year so I'm interested anyway. My clerk (AGC SPS NCO who seems to be all over it like a tramp eating chips) reckons it's quids in with me not needing to pay anything. Ker-ching! :D

Ta, PD

6. I was in exactly that situation. I was in SSSA and received FIA and HDT as I was 10 miles from work. I received GYP from the accom to home. I was not required to pay anything for the accommodation as I was on the O37 package. Your man needs to get his finger out and claim back what he has paid