Outstanding Medals in Southern England

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maninblack, Nov 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I have been asked by the BBC to pass on the name of anybody living in the South of England (Hants, West Sussex, Dorset) who has been waiting more than 12 months for medals relating to active deployments in the current theatres of operation.

If you fit this criteria and are preparded to talk to the BBC about it then please PM me ASAP with your contact details and I will give you a call.

cheers

MiB

2. maninblack

3. Dirt digging!! I know that there are plenty of folks who will report appalling delays. However, it is only right to add balance to the discussion and to tell the BBC that it isn't all bad news: I was presented my OP HERRICK OSM today - less than four months after I left theatre and notwithstanding being posted to another unit in the meantime. The system works with good admin staff doing what they are paid for. What a shame that isn’t always the case.

4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

And I understand that at least one TA Sub-Unit is shortly to be presented with their Medals as part of their decompression - at the TAC, but still 'in Service', to give 'closure', or whatever they call it. Excellent idea!

5. I would be interested in why only the South of England is to be featured - is it a regional programme??

6. maninblack

It is a local news report.