outsize boots... help

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 3milesniper, Dec 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

8O Just been given a `kin Gem of a job on bieng knocked off on xmas leave but here it is,my QM has tasked me to get a pair of size 16.. yes you read it right size 16!! desert boots current issue is Magnum Amazon well thats what mine are! and a pair of the same size cold weather boots (Pro boots/Lowa/Matterhorn) type.

I need them for a lad attached to my regiment on Telic 7,I have spoken to all the usual deadmans I can think of and the British footwear association nobody does over size 15!! I have also spoken to the lads parent unit who said he had his last pair made specially,I`m emailling Hi-Tec in the USA direct,The QM has orders to get them and the "firm" are paying via the unit credit card thingy and I just wondered if any other arrse members can help me out .... please

cheers :lol: :?:
  2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

bolt cutters on his toes and he should fit a size 12
  3. You could always phone the IPT and get them to advise. They should have a line item in the boots Contract for one off sizes (big and small).

We had to have a set of 2's specially made for one of our 'bigger' lads.
  4. www.boot.com

They sell Wesco BCH in size 16.

Failing that, give Billy Smarts a bell. :wink:
  5. FFS - I hate to admit it - Tiffy is right. Your Q world should have contacts through higher cmd to the IPT and the DCTA. There ARE conrtacts for those guys to get kit - I've had to get stuff before. The system is there for them too.
  6. Not sure if it's any use to you, but at a push Alt-Berg might be able to sort out some size 16's. Can't see it being cheap mind - but they do make quality kit!
  7. :D thanks gents i`ll have a go at these ideas 8O
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

dont forget, you'll get US sizes ordering off these websites. a Uk 16 would be a what? 17, 18 US?