Outrageous Kit Combinations

Just how does one distinguish themselves from the peasantry in the ranks these days since they stopped dressing other ranks in sackcloth (KF shirts)?
I wore KF shirts.

I think the absence of sewn-in creases and two-tone starch effect worked for me.

Then again, it might have been the tramlines...

Captain ASW (Anti-Submarine Warfare) on HMS Westminster wearing PCSCU with the then trial RNPCS Jacket (the only time I've seen a matelot rocking the Lightweight jacket out!) conducting handover of responsibilities with my old Commanding Officer.

View attachment 493649
Just found out- the 4 ringer is actually the current 2nd Sea Lord now, the guy whom wants to stop us wearing MTP, get rid of 3’s and bring in a second new working uniform in 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just found out- the 4 ringer is actually the current 2nd Sea Lord now, the guy whom wants to stop us wearing MTP, get rid of 3’s and bring in a second new working uniform in 5 years.
Has he got an exciting and sensible reason tor this, I mean apart from being a total cock ?

We already don't wear MTP?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

At a naked bar I once wore wore mess (un)official (un)dress: a cock ring.

I had to go to the MO about the subsequent worrying black marks on the staff pole "burst blood vessels". How or why he had seen that before I do not know....!

Can you honestly imagine a pilot voluntarily in the field ?
I seem to recall a few in our recent adventures in places hot and sandy. This gentleman was killed whilst attached to 22 SAS in the Falklands - I seem to recall there was at least one other mentioned in the books on that war on my bookshelves.

8ED50693-F557-473F-B869-5626CD710C4A.jpeg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Can you honestly imagine a pilot voluntarily in the field ?
I seem to recall a few in our recent adventures in places hot and sandy. This gentleman was killed whilst attached to 22 SAS in the Falklands - I seem to recall there was at least one other mentioned in the books on that war on my bookshelves.

View attachment 497557

voluntarily

Has he got an exciting and sensible reason tor this, I mean apart from being a total cock ?
Probably because when he was given the trial version of PCS, and said "I like this, issue forthwith", the RN promptly changed nearly everything about it and then issued it.

Unsurprisingly, the new new PCS will look somewhat like the trial PCS, that is to say, relatively comfortably and practicable.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Probably because when he was given the trial version of PCS, and said "I like this, issue forthwith", the RN promptly changed nearly everything about it and then issued it.

Unsurprisingly, the new new PCS will look somewhat like the trial PCS, that is to say, relatively comfortably and practicable.
The worst part is I can read that and think, "That doesn't sound unusual."

We had similar here.

PC

PCS was never a system, was very badly tailored, and made very little sense. It was a very expensive waste of the taxpayers dosh. The only accurate thing about it was PCS, a Pile of Complete Shit.;

It is a hell of a lot more comfortable than 4s/8s.

It is a hell of a lot more comfortable than 4s/8s.
After spending just over 10 years avoiding wearing 4s whenever possible (preferring to wear CS95’s, overalls/ mtp) I still struggle to understand why the WO and CPOs mess still pine for 4’s/8’s and a branch badge on the chest that looks stupid in my eyes.

After spending just over 10 years avoiding wearing 4s whenever possible (preferring to wear CS95’s, overalls/ mtp) I still struggle to understand why the WO and CPOs mess still pine for 4’s/8’s and a branch badge on the chest that looks stupid in my eyes.

and seriously hazarding my health given the very real prospect the buttons will be fired across the compartment by their more than ample guts...

and seriously hazarding my health given the very real prospect the buttons will be fired across the compartment by their more than ample guts...
Another thing I’m not looking forward to with this new abomination we’re getting.

Talking of abominations, has anyone one seen this fetching on the shoulder number out in the wild/away from airsofters yet?

Apparently makes any t-shirt tac-ti-cool, I would hazard that some RSMs might feel mildly aggrieved should they happen upon it

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I like to see a plump Naval officer, they tend to be jolly and there's a reassuring protein and carb bank right there in case of emergency.

The lean, mean ones are jolly wearing, from my limited exposure to the Naval service.

Talking of abominations, has anyone one seen this fetching on the shoulder number out in the wild/away from airsofters yet?

Apparently makes any t-shirt tac-ti-cool, I would hazard that some RSMs might feel mildly aggrieved should they happen upon it

Crye precision used to make something similar that cost 'undreds of spondoolicks.

Latest Threads