Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by doofy, Sep 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been to local supermarket with my son who is 23 years old he nipped in to get me a packet of fags and the stupid cow behind the counter refused to sell them to him because he doesnt look 25 years old.
    He comes out the shop explains he doesnt look old enough so in I go ask for 20 fags and get told " Im not selling them to you because you are buying them for him (23 year old son) "
    after trying to argue it out I then ask to see manager who gives me the same bulls*it my sons doesnt look old enough and I will not be served as I am buying them for him.
    I asked how old you need to be to buy fags and was told 18
    upon pointing out I am 49 and son is 23 I was then told " but you need to look 25 " WTF you have to be 18 but look 25 who thought that one up?
    I then spend 15 mins driving to all night garage to get my smokes.
    Do these idiots get a kick out winding people up?
  2. Why oh why did you title this thread outrage?

Stand by.
  3. Ever heard of a thing called identification? Or perhaps just not spawning a scrawny weakling who looks like a child?
  4. Sounds like your son is a bit daft plank to not carry ID when he's twenty fucking three. Jesus, how does he get on when he goes out on the town? All your fault I reckon, tell your son to be a bit savvy next time, and carry ID. The policy states they challenge anyone who looks under 25, if ID is produced showing that the person is of a suitable age, they'll be quite happy to sell you the product.
  5. I still get IDed and I´m 25. In my corner shop they ID me every single fcuking time, sometimes I carry my passport with me, sometimes I don´t. When I don´t have my passport on me they won´t sell me fags even if they saw it the day before. :x

And then you get the fcukwits telling you to take it as a compliment. Arghhh!! :x :x
  6. Tell the bus driver to go back to bed. It was just self-inflicted outrage.
  7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Since when did you have to look 25 to buy a pack of cigs? I admit I gave up 12 years ago, but fook me, last time I heard all you had to be was 16 (£1.50 for 10) and if you were younger, no matter - kind old cornershop man (non ethnically specific) was just glad for your custom :)
  8. All part of the longterm plan to ensure you all want to have the national ID card when it is introduced.
    You won't have to carry it but it will make your life much easier if you do.

Sneaky ain't it :x
  9. National I.D. cards will Metro Hotels recognise them??????
  10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Or have a fag and wait. Someone will need him ddddrecccttttlllllyy
  11. Some of the Scrotes IDing are thick as fcuk though. I got Asked for Id when buying beer in Tesco. Now I might look a little bit younger than I am but I was with my eight year old daughter and five year old son! Go figure
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Right, I'm mid-thirties (but look a bit older), and the only place I've been asked for I.D. in the last 20 years has been Morrisons - last week. Apparently, they have to ask how old you are even if you look 90!?!?!?!

Apart from being so outraged I nearly soiled myself, I was actually quite pleased.
  13. I have seen the robotmong like staff challenge pensioners so old they look like they have been exhumed. But amazing how quick they serve with booze the local drunks who can't stand up straight, can't talk and stand there stinking of pish. Just to get them out of the store quickly, then they play dumb when the Police come later on to inform them about the trouble they could get in breaching licensing laws.
  14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

15. If you think the id thing here in the uk is shite, dont go to California.
    In San Francisco last year, my work mate and I went to a pub/club type of thing. He is 59 and I am 49. They wouldnt let us in because we had no proof of our ages. The halfwit on the door was about 20. It wasnt until after we got to see the manager that they let us in.

Previous posters are right. its all about the future ID introduction.