Outrage over Diana picture

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Myss, Jul 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link

But is anyone remotely curious or interested? I can imagine the royal princes being disturbed that these magazines filling their bank accounts on the use of a picture of their dead mum, but how ironic of the media, especially the Sun!, expressing their disgust when the UK paparazzi were her biggest hounders going. They're probably more pi$$ed that they didn't get it first, the Sun was soooo disgusted that it printed the pic but blacked out Diana's head. :roll: I've seen the whole pic; its just a profile image of her but obviously not concious. The idea of the pic might upset some but the picture itself is not the gory image you may think. I think the UK media has made just a little more fuss than it warrants.

2. I know I've said it before... But if anyone can track down an early edition of the News of The World from the day she died, read the editorial column....

I'd no particular love for the woman, but the two facedness of that paper in paricular makes me want to puke.

3. She's dead and buried, if people are sad enough to want to look at her in a particular situation let them crack on.

4. Can you imagine anything more horrible than opening a newspaper and seeing your mother all smashed up and dying? These people must be sick in their heads.

5. I can remember seeing the picture of 1 of the 2 Lads from the Signals when they stumbled upon that IRA funeral all over the British papers,they weren't too outraged to print those!! never mind how that brave lads family and friends felt,Journo's whatever creed or colour are all of the same ilk SCUM

6. TBH its just a side view of her face, nowt else really. If it weren't for what looks like the paramedic's hand on her head, you may have mistaken it for a pic of her in the back of a car with her eyes close. Typical media effed-up blow-out.

7. 'You cannot hope to bribe or twist
    Thank God the British journalist
    But, seeing what the man will do
    Unbribed, there's no occasion to.'

Humbert Wolfe

8. I've got to agree. She's not my favourite person, but this is sickening even if the picture does not show a lot.

9. .....and yer man ken Bigley!

10. Another sad day for journalism, when one paper accuses another of bad taste and in so doing publicises the fact. If the "news" hadn't been printed in UK would we have been concerned. What about a real article on the fate of our troops in Afghanistan?

11. Yes fingers_1661,thanks for that,that wasn't to gory for them to print was it

12. I don't really want to be seen to be sticking up for british news-papers, however I am aware of at least one paper which had images like those printed, within days of the incident. I am sure that if the UK papers felt they would PROFIT from it, they would have published the images long ago.

reptiles are cold-blooded after all.

D.