OUTRAGE! Cameron = Flashman, Say Labour

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Andy_S, Dec 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Cameron like bully Flashman, says Miliband

It has just come to my attention that Labour are characterizing the PM as "Flashman."

Am I alone in thinking that this is a foul slur on the character of the late Sir Harry Paget Flashman, VC?

I consider it absolutely disgraceful that the name of one our most eminent Victorian-era Army heroes is being bandied about for political gain. Should a man who charged with the Light Brigade, who hacked his way through Zulu, Cossack and Pathan and who galloped the Rani of Jhansi herself have his good monicker dragged through the mud?

By God sir, he should not.

I demand: UK-based ARRSERs immediately start a petition, to be handed in to the House of Commons expressing our most significant displeasure. If that does not force Labour to damme well behave like gentlemen, gunpowder in the cellars is the second option.

I also take issue with the idiotic scribblers at the BB bloody C so who seem to consider Sir Harry a fictional character, of all things! Still, we can deal with those simpering dolts at a later date.

Our first duty is clear: We must rescue the good Sir Harry's name.

• Like Like x 15
  2. In Sir Harry's own words: "God knows I'm no Tory, and I never set eyes on a Whig yet without feeling the need of a bath".

3. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I wonder how many Labour supporters will have even heard of Flashman. Hardly a Churchillian put down.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Is this supposed to mean that the PM will be the last man out of Afghanistan this time around?

• Like Like x 2
  5. I could be confused, But do you want a petition to defend the reputation of an alleged fictional character?

Could you be suggesting Milliband is Cameron's Moriarty?

6. Fictional?? Fictional sir?? If you think he fictional you are barking mad sir. if Sir harry were still alive he would take a dogwhip to you.

7. I have the complete collection of his memoirs with excellent editing and historical footnotes by George Macdonald Fraser. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to Mr. Macdonald Fraser for finding the original manuscripts.

I am not aware of any debt of gratitude owed to politicians, I am, however, aware of the debts they have bestowed upon us.

My signature awaits your petition.

• Like Like x 2
  8. While Cameron is possibly as acquainted as Holmes with mind expanding substances, I hardly think that either of our modern politicians have the competence or intelligence of those two great characters. But bring on the Reichenbach Falls!

9. Moriarty?? Wot's the goon show got to do with it?
    Oh. Hang on. I see where you're coming from.

10. Milliban lacks the bottom to be Moriarty, he might be a bungling Inspector Lestrade. I have another man in mind for Dave's evil nemesis.
    [​IMG]

11. Cameron can't possibly be Flashman- Flashy was at Rugby for a start...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Milliband is a fanny, but has really taken this too far now. I demand satisfaction and expect to see him, and his second tomorrow at dawn.

13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

More like Cheetah to Johnny Weissmuller's 'Tarzan'. And a very ugly, lisping interpretation of Cheetah at that...

14. So Ed Millipede is trying to put down Cameron by equating him with a dashing hero who can snap knicker elastic at 100yds with a single look??

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Glad to see there are some like-minded chaps with a bit of fire in their bellies still resident in our green and pleasant land. Have at those Whigs, you fellows!

As for the poster (above) who dared suggest that Flashy was fiction: "Mad Professor" you most certainly are, Sir - and no gentleman.

Rowbotham's Mosstroopers will be arriving at your door for a touch of sport with your mortarboard if you persist with this knavery.

• Like Like x 1