Outrage Bus- Queue here for Google

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Gremlin, Jun 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

OK I don't often hop on the 'Bus Of Disenchantment', but I am definitely at
    Anger State Mildly Miffed this afternoon.

OK, here is the situation, Google do special home pages to commemorate significant events in the past.

Now as most of us are aware there is a certain celebration(?) going on today that affected most of the Western World a few years ago, and Google agrees that there was. However their idea of what should be remembered on the 6th June is very different from mine.

I pulled up the Google Homepage to see in what way they had decided to honour the 65th Anniversary of D-Day, and I found the below.

Was it a Cuneo print of Shermans in action??

Was it fuck, Google in their wisdom have remembered:

The 25th Anniversary of Tetris

Tetris???? What the Fuck????

Attached Files:

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

The site should be blocked!! (see what I did there)

No thanks I didn't bring one and I'll walk.

3. Shit-a-brick!

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

We should tell them cnuts where to stickle it!

5. Whoops! Be right out men. (jingles key)

[​IMG]

6. Microsoft appear to have got it right - Bing is showing one of the D-Day beaches. As you move your cursor across the screen links to searches about D-Day show up.

7. Your link shows 2 whales.

8. And behind them is Sword Beach :)

9. You have probably been redirected to bing.co.uk which does show two whales. If you change your country (top RHS of the webpage) to the United States you will get this

[​IMG]

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Oh FFS, I though that the details of the "Whale Force" were under a 99 year embargo.

OPSEC ffs OPSEC!

11. winge sent, i'm on the bus (waiting to be told to get off the bus, back on, back off, etc).

12. Interestingly, if you change the country version to anything except United States (English) you'll get the whales. Even the US (Spanish) version shows the whales. Are we the only ones who care about it being D-Day 65 years on? Rant out!

13. Perhaps you're the only ones who need reminding. ;)