Outrage bus alert - Sl@g rips of war vet uncle

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by pacestick, Dec 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Slag

hopefully not already done :oops:

anyway - £5 ucking quid is all she had to pay back and then complains that the "system" can't help him.... :roll:
  2. Would you still fire up the outrage bus if her uncle had not been a war vet?
  3. And they say women can't multitask...
  4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Stop trying to be clever, this is supposed to be a forces site so naturally the affinity will always be with issues that are related to the main readership of the site.

Outrageous yes, not sure what can be done though.

Bad that it has happened at all
    Worse that it was to an old and vulnerable bloke
    Even worse still that he was a veteran
  5. Errr...that bit's from a different niece.
  6. Edited: Wedge beat me to it!
  7. It was theft but on the other hand, if he had had to go into residential care 11 years ago because there was no one to look after him it would have cost him £211,200 at current rates.......
  8. I heard this on the wireless at lunchtime.I didn't see the relevence of mentioning his war service.
  9. For the same reason when a serving or former serving soldier does something wrong the media make a point of stating the affiliation, makes for another angle and possibly slightly more interesting reading. Media manipulation, get the public fired up.
  10. She did cook, clean and visit him everyday for 11 years, not that it makes it OK to steal but I think if I was him I wouldn't be bitter at all, I'd have left the money to her anyway...just saying.
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yes, but you put so much more effort into it :lol: Take a Gold Star :wink:
  12. No. It's fine to nick from civvies. You thick cnut.
  13. thats less than £4 grand a year.
    bstard thing to do but cheaper than a home help :(