Outrage as vicar drops not multicutural enough Remembrance

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by daz, Oct 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daz

daz LE

It's in the Mail but...........

Full Story link

It makes you wonder what the motive of the vicar is, seeing that

And they wonder why people are avoiding god's serpents, sorry servants in this country.
  2. some people live on another fcuking planet
  3. Oh purleeeeeeeese. It's a Daily Female story.
  4. I was under the impression that the Act of Rememberance was an inter denomination, non religeous service? It just so happens to be hosted by the Church. What right has Father Colin Coppen got to ban the service? Surely its not his decision. Do his superiors not have some input? It would be akin to a Pl Comd deciding not to carry out a lawful order.
  5. T*sser
  6. daz

daz LE

boom, it is, and was noted, but, and here's the important bit, he’s not the first vicar to do so, the BBC carried a article a few weeks ago about a similar case in North Wales, I’ll try and find the link and add it to this thread.
  7. daz

daz LE

War veterans' Poppy Day boycott

So, what was it again about God’s representatives working with the local community’s?
  8. Hang on...Father Coppen, and Parish Mass, in an Anglican church? Aren't those RC terms?
  9. Aha! that'll be Seamus O'Coppen up to his old tricks again then?
  10. The vicar is absolutely right. He's running the church service and should resist the service being hijacked or blackmailed. He has to consider the whole congregation and what the real role of the church is in the community. It's poor show indeed that they've boycotted the church, in the very least.

It concerns me that the Veterans' noble good intent to pay respects to the Fallen doesn't unwittingly let them fall into these 'disputes', and as a result be perceived as heavy handed in their dealings. Both the town council and BL need to ensure they are committed to the church through the year and not dictate to it when it wishes to use its facilities for their purposes, on this one occasion.

Poor show gentlemen.
  11. The higher more catholic, with a small 'c', Anglican churches use Father as a term also.
  12. Fair enough, but still doesn't explain Parish Mass - unless they're so high on something that they think they're floating back to Rome...
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

But you have to look very very hard to find any mention of C of E
    (I only found it by looking at the Primary School denomination)

A bit of their ethos says it all:

Vicars or Rectors (for it is a Parsh Church) like this wonder why they only have a small core support???
  14. Nicely written description of the church's vision. This thread appears to be a witch-hunt "Look 'ere Vicar, do it our way, or we're off!". The church is not a retail store in which you buy its services. If it feels it has to move the style of service on and break with traditions then it's the Minister's prerogative as it has to serve the community through the rest of the year. The church has to change and move on.

Yours dismayed.
  15. Rayc

Rayc RIP

The Moslems claim that they have no problems.

I sure wish the newspaper checks if they do attend the Parish Mass (since the Serivce is cancelled) and how many attends the same.

Its all fine to act the great one, after the fact!

It quite ridiculous to have cancelled the Service in any case.

In India, non Christians attend the Chapel in the Missionary and Christian schools. No one objects.