Outlook express not responding

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by twosugarsnomilk, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've done a search of the site and can't find anything on this.

I recieve e mails by outlook express but when I send one it goes into the outbox and the compter then freezes.The header at the top shows Outlook express not responding

This isn't a new setup,the computer is about two years old with windows xp and has worked well up until Friday.I've tried a google search but none of the soutions have worked.

I have anti virus and that is up to date and not showing any threats.
    The internet is working fine.

Help please,any ideas?

2. Your account with Outlook may have got corrupt

Outlook express/tools/accounts

highlight accounts then on the right 'click' properties

go through it checking if it should be as it should be..

still not working?

delete the account

then open a new one which is quite simple

http://www.doodleit.co.uk/web-design-tips.php?id=6

hope this helps

3. twosugarsnomilk, you could also make sure that the account is authenticated, you will find the tick box under Accounts, Properties, Servers, it is at the bottom. Some servers require this to ensure you are not spamming :) Once you send the server may be checking for authentiacation and hanging if the box is not ticked.

Jim

4. This sounds very like what happened to me a while ago running XP. However, I can't help you with OE as my solution was to install Thunderbird and let it import all my addresses and mail files.

This can be a slippery slope though, it was the start of a move to open source that now ses me boot XP for gaming and nothing else.