Outlet refusing to give refund

0*p9XrMSgsMDZyVrqH

Will give trading standards a shout on Monday.

I have already filed a chargeback at least to begin the dispute process after the debacle but did advise I would keep them updated on situation as really all I'd like is my right to return honored, not to cost them or myself any further inconvinience.
ha good luck with that, when i has fighting with a large on line SPORTS wear company that send stuff DIRECT to your house i contacted the local council TS where the company was based turns out council did not have a TS dept and told me to try CAB

Chargebacks are the absolute last resort as sometimes it doesn't go your way and it can also take weeks to months to resolve.

End of the day, you've bought something. Your consumer rights stand. Contact trading standards.

90 days used to be the norm, and that was to allow them time to contest your claim.

Konstabel_Els

Old-Salt
A couple of years ago I had a dispute with a business that I couldn't resolve with them. I informed Mastercard and the money was immediately returned to me. It took nearly a year to finally get it 'decisioned' in my favour but all that time I had my money.

The big ones to quote used to be the sale of goods act, and the unfair contract terms act. However, in this case they make a clear indication of their exchange policy on the receipt and should honour that policy.

Options:

1. Call the head office and calmly discuss with customer relations, or corporate comms,
2. Wait till it is the managers day off and go back,
3. Contact your credit card and explain the situation.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We've all missed a trick here.
Claim you're a black, trans, gay, amputee, asylum seeker and take to Twitter to complain of the oppression you experienced in store

Job jobbed.

We've all missed a trick here.
Claim you're a black, trans, gay, amputee, asylum seeker and take to Twitter to complain of the oppression you experienced in store

Job jobbed.

That'd be kind of a double whammy.

In the past, they've been happy to supply people with extreme prejudices as pointed out above, but not now.

Thus being discriminatory. Bang to rights, guv'nor.

Show them this forum and tell them if they don't give your money back, Stacker will be sent over to start a fight in an empty changing room.

160 quid for a sweatshirt ?

I bulk buy white t-shirts, bags of 6 for $12..................the Mrs nagged me for ruining expensive stuff when I was doing work, now she nags me for wearing cheap white t-shirts all the time. Can't win.

My son threatened to take the fast food chain MacDonalds to court over an issue and they eventually caved and settled.

My advice, do it exactly by the book, and set them deadlines to reply to you if you are getting nowhere

You dont have a right to return goods if its a face to face transaction unless the goods are defective , be an adult and know what you want before you buy , if goods are defective the retailer has a chance to repair/rectify/exchange the goods.

You only have a right to return goods without reason if the transaction is a remote sale , ie mail order ,

Last edited:

endure

GCM
You dont have a right to return goods if its a face to face transaction unless the goods are defective , be an adult and know what you want before you buy , if goods are defective the retailer has a chance to repair/rectify/exchange the goods.

You only have a right to return goods without reason if the transaction is a remote sale , ie mail order ,
The receipt he was given says he does have a right to return unsuitable goods within 28 days. That's part of the contract Boss made when they sold him the goods.

Latest Threads