Outlet refusing to give refund

Long story short, purchased a few bits from Hugo Boss the other day, decided a tracksuit wasn't for me, and went in quite nicely to request they take it back as it was in an unused condition with tags, next minute the store manager is pointing out that as I had come in with my friend he had given us a 15% discount and were not obliged to honor anything, after pointing out he was contradicting the stated conditions of the reciept, at no point had he declared to myself that goods were non-returnable on the said day.

The goods themselves were not pre-discounted or items "on sale" but a discount was offered at the discretion of the manager, according to him this implied you have no rights what so ever except if there was something wrong with it.

So, we bantered, after advising him this was a breach of consmer rights he simply handed me decided to rudely inform he that if I didn't leave he would call the local security to remove myself, I was quite polite, and calm, but ended up deciding to at that point take it up with my bank.

The items themselves are in the same condition, tags attached, unworn.

Any one else had familiar stories? Maybe I am getting it wrong, who knows, I usually do, but he was directly contradicting what was stated on the terms, his main point was because at his discretion he offered a discount we had basically waived any rights we had in the first place.

Reciept attached
20220219_110810.jpg

20220219_110818.jpg

20220219_111731.jpg

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
How far is the next nearest Hugo boss shop? Take it to them with rct.

And then report them to trading standards.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I fail to see how a discount impacts your rights. Call Visa and explain and request a chargeback.

Chargebacks are the absolute last resort as sometimes it doesn't go your way and it can also take weeks to months to resolve.

End of the day, you've bought something. Your consumer rights stand. Contact trading standards.

Drop your trolleys in their doorway and leave them a steaming one.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'd edit that last picture with your details.

Aside from that your bank/Visa should be able to refund the purchase.

Head office first. Keep the shaming in reserve. Always best to go down the reasonable route first.

I tried that with Vaillant, on behalf of my parents. I was given a stiff ignoring. Social media shaming didn't work. Writing to a national newspaper made Vaillant shit themselves. Resolved.

Head office first. Keep the shaming in reserve. Always best to go down the reasonable route first.
Will give trading standards a shout on Monday.

I have already filed a chargeback at least to begin the dispute process after the debacle but did advise I would keep them updated on situation as really all I'd like is my right to return honored, not to cost them or myself any further inconvinience.

I tried that with Vaillant, on behalf of my parents. I was given a stiff ignoring. Social media shaming didn't work. Writing to a national newspaper made Vaillant shit themselves. Resolved.
Yes, always best to deal with things incrementally.

Will give trading standards a shout on Monday.

They will probably want to know that you have explored all other channels first. They will probably only get involved after establishing that all initial routes have been exhausted. It needs to be shown that the company has been given the opportunity to put things right.

You weren't a real Monkey.

Commercial entities are likely to respond to one kind of encouragement, pissed squaddies to another.