Outing Non RAC Walts

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by hammy123, Apr 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There seems to be a lot of "outing walts" who are going around to be pretending to be Para, RM or SAS etc etc. Now, Im not one to complain but what about the thousands who claim to be RAC crewmen? sheesh, this is getting out of hand, so I have decided to draw up a list of questions to ask when people reckon they were / are RAC crewmen, so as we can be like our serious fellow squaddies of elite standards, here goes:

1) We dont have a boat house in Catterick or Bovi, so what colour are the tank park gates at the top tank park in Cambrai brks?
    2) How many tins of chicken in brown sauce can you get into a BV?
    3) What is the best water to instant mash quota to obtain the optimum mash mix when it comes to makin mash from the 10 man rat?
    4) From above, is it best served with cornded beed mixed in?
    5) On exercise, how long does it take to get the mess silver out for the orificers and what is the normal meal?
    6) Can grunts call home from the phone on the back of a chiefty?
    7) What is the best part of a chiefy engine to sleep on a) the engine b) the gearbox or c) the genny? and why?
    8) Is it battlefield ettiquette to serve grunts with hat water from the BV? or do you just drive past them laughing?

Thats it for now

Fin tank on

2. I can't answer any of those questions. Can't you ask something like how much does the GASH weight on the Chally 2?

3. I cant personally as I was only a chiefy man, however to make the list as comprehensive as possible to prevent all fradulent walts trying to talk to us, I shall add to the list.

4. 1. There is no tank park at Cambrai Lines. It's a "tankadrome".
    2. What the hell is "Chicken in Brown Sauce"?
    3. Tank crews get a four man pack - not a ten man.
    4. Matter of opinion old chap. We preferred ours sliced.
    5. Wouldn't know. Never served with comd tp.
    6. I refuse to answer on the grounds of spoiling a good wind-up.
    7. Main engine, because the sealed cooling system takes over 8 hours to cool down, plus the driver will be on the gearbox to shield you from the wind - as he's a manky bugger and won't mind the oil.
    8. Depends. If they're Irish or Scottish you do all you can for them. If they're English or Welsh, let them use Hexamine.

Here's one for you: how many times can you raise and lower the dozer blade before it starts pishing 18 all over the shop.

5. Can only really answer four out of the eight questions!

2. Probably four.

6. Same opinion as GDav!

7. The Engine or GUE, IMHO the transmission decks were far to hot and if you had an oil leak you would get covered in the stuff!

8. If you've got time stop, deal was if we were in a 'hide' together we would do all the radio stags and they'd do all the guards. In the morning no harm in sticking a few of their cans in the BV, once you've had a brew and had you're breakfast of course. Far quicker than 'hexi'!!! :roll:

6. Only a crewman will know what CGOD is.

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

8. I'm a ConSig. I know everything and as I dish out the grub you'd better keep in with me or I'll put bogeys in your pom. :p

9. class, sheer class!

Chicken in Brown sauce, we used to get it in the rats, it was either that or goulash or curry as I remember it, funny how they all tasted great until you tried to cook them in the block and saw what was actually in them.

Ok, one for you Cambrai people what time did the gunnery school open on an evening for revision?

10. I think I vaguely remember the chicken in brown sauce but it was Chicken Supreme (or Chicken Diana Ross as we called it) which I remember most. As well as goulash, chicken curry, S&K pud, stewed steak & corned dog.
    Those of us who did D&M at Catterick haven't got a clue what time goonery school was open from/to. Being honest I would have had more interest in what time the cookhouse or NAAFI was open at. Seeing as I was in Block 22 though, the cookhouse never presented much of a challenge. We hid behind the doors so the PS wouldn't see us and waited for the duty trumpeter to stand on the steps of the cookhouse. Once he put the yoke to his lips we were halfway across the road.

11. Fond memories (not) of Cambrai, QRIH were my training reg at the time, canny bunch of lads, the only people who could understand the accent were the 15 19th lads

12. Bolleaux. We spoke as clear as anyone. What you're saying is: it was your first time hearing regional accents.

As for the 15/19, they were the only ones we COULDN'T understand.

13. yeh, suppose your right, it all sounds ok where we are from - that is until we meet people south of the boro

14. It doesn't matter where you are from, you will have facets to your accent which are difficult for others to understand. That's why you are taught VP in training. So that the entire IKTUGWEFA can understand you.

15. I'm not an RAC walt, I'm an AA walt. Does that matter?