Outing a walt.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bojangles, Jul 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im working with this guy who reckons he is ex Royal Irish. Thing is, his stories are getting a bit hard to take. They range from being a sniper to sas, to medic . Basically you name it , this guy says he has done it.

He wears about 5 ribbons including one for gallantry.

Alarm bells started ringing when we were exposed to pepper spray and he curled up in a ball and started crying. Now , this didnt seem like a British infanteer.

Anyway, any of you guys Royal Irish who can vouch whether this guy is gen or full of shite. He says he has only just left.

Oh yeah, he also wears Canadian para wings but no British ones.

On a final note, he plays the bugle and loves drill. Could he be an ex bandsman ?

2. Ask him his service number.

3. Or just punch him on the (more than) off chance he is lying.

If he's telling the truth, You'l feel it.

If not, he will.

Win win.

4. i have been out of the 1st Bn for near on 20 years now so names and stuff will mean nothing..

ASK HIM ABOUT THE REGIMENTS HISTORY..

we were formed from the last 3 remaining north irish infantry regiments..

THE INNISKILLEN FUSILIERS..
    THE ULSTER RIFLES..
    THE IRISH FUSILIERS..

every member of the regiment knows that..

OR ASK WHAT THE REGIMENTAL FOOT NUMBERS ARE..

27TH 83RD AND 87TH

if he cant answer any of them..

PUNCH THE ****..

BETTER STILL GO TO THE REGIMENTAL WEBSITE AT www.royalirishrangers.co.uk

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

What is his medal for galantry?
    Look his name up in the Gazette.

6. Ask him where he was standing on the Iranian Embassy balcony. I'll let you know if he was next to me or not.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

7. Ask him what the difference is between Tattoo and Last Post

8. dont forget to include the ulster defence regiment amalgamated into the royal irish in early 1990's. i was r irish for several years. he may have been a bugler in the regiment. i dont suppose he has told you what batallion he was in

9. An usual 'walt' indeed. No disrespect to the excellent regiment he claims to have served in, but doesn't he know 'walts' are ALWAYS Parachute Regiment. As someone said the 'what was your number' question normally reveals all. If it is not reeled off in a second, he's a 'walt'.

10. V new, so please excuse daft question, have looked it up but not found the answer. Walt = pretendy soldier?

11. Spot on Charity - welcome to ARRSE. Walts are a sort of "Breakfast of Champions" for most of our readers. Hours of endless fun and indignation!

12. Walt = Walter Mitty

13. my alarm bells are ringing - why the f*** were you exposed to pepper spray?

Also, I wouldn't exactly be jumping with joy with that shyte burning my eyes, ears and nose

14. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

One was a Russki or something lesbian shoolgirl duo who had a one-hit wonder. The other is what we got today before tomorrow's strike.

15. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

And no, it isn't rhyming slang (usually used in the plural), but I have heard it used thus.