Outdoor hotub experiences

ugly

LE
I had a dip in one at a mates place last month, it was like a hot outdoor bath, nice enough!

Here's a question for you: Have you installed one of these Webasto's?

I am going to need an on vehicle hot water facility later in the year, or early next year and looked at these as a possible solution. Do you know if they are easy to install and set up?

One of these type of things ===> Webasto Thermo Top C w/ SmarTemp Coolant Hearter Diesel Heater 12V 5KW 1311551A | eBay
Straight forward enough if you can follow wiring guides cheaper if you can find the right one from a scrappies just make sure you get the pump with it you can mess about with them easily enough.

Straight forward enough if you can follow wiring guides cheaper if you can find the right one from a scrappies just make sure you get the pump with it you can mess about with them easily enough.
Ta muchly. :)

It may be of interest to the hot tub'ist's as it is an outdoor hot water widget. I also looked at outdoor propane fuelled instant hot water heaters as a solution. They are effectively mini-combi boilers that require minimal set-up other than plugging in a big propane bottle. Naturally the bigger one you get the more hot water it produces, for my own project I only need less than 5 litres a minute but, there are some that knock out 10 to 15 litres a minute. They are cheaper than the Webasto, much, and I have known of a few that have lasted well into 5 years being used 3 or 4 days a week.

Like this ===> EXCEL 1.6 gal/min VENTFREE (LOW PRESSURE STARTUP) TANKLESS GAS WATER HEATER (LPG) Propane

This one is vent free so you can effectively run it indoors/in a caravan/tent/hut with no flue. There are other cheaper ones and more expensive ones out there.

Last edited:
I’ve got a lay-z spa

AKA the rubber jacuzzi

Skinny spa

It’s on my patio and has been for a year. I left it in situ over winter and gave it a good scrub, bleach and set it off again a few months ago

It’s a ******* joy. Sits at 40 degrees, doesn’t seem to cost a lot of elecky. I change the filter every now and again and plonk a bleach tablet in the floater every now and again

**** all maintenance. Lid on when you finish great job

Key thing for me is i’ve Got a tellybox in the back lounge on the wall and it rotates to face the garden, I sit in the tub all night honking back 1664s and throwing the empties over my shoulder on to the lawn. Perfect

The lodger and his bendy surf dude mates all fit in it and I managed to fit 9 lads from my mates stag in it :mrgreen:

I’ve never tested anything. I prefer the Siberian field camp water quality test, if it smells of chlorine it’s good to go.

I’ve only fucked it up once, put too many tablets in and when I fired the bubbles up it went “gas attack on the Somme” as the bubbles released the chlorine. Was alright after five minutes

To confirm... definitely worth getting one

I’ve got a lay-z spa

AKA the rubber jacuzzi

Skinny spa

It’s on my patio and has been for a year. I left it in situ over winter and gave it a good scrub, bleach and set it off again a few months ago

It’s a ******* joy. Sits at 40 degrees, doesn’t seem to cost a lot of elecky. I change the filter every now and again and plonk a bleach tablet in the floater every now and again

**** all maintenance. Lid on when you finish great job

Key thing for me is i’ve Got a tellybox in the back lounge on the wall and it rotates to face the garden, I sit in the tub all night honking back 1664s and throwing the empties over my shoulder on to the lawn. Perfect

The lodger and his bendy surf dude mates all fit in it and I managed to fit 9 lads from my mates stag in it :mrgreen:

I’ve never tested anything. I prefer the Siberian field camp water quality test, if it smells of chlorine it’s good to go.

I’ve only fucked it up once, put too many tablets in and when I fired the bubbles up it went “gas attack on the Somme” as the bubbles released the chlorine. Was alright after five minutes

To confirm... definitely worth getting one
Same with the C tablets, if it burns the skin, then its safe ...ish

Did God give you gills, or fins? Eh? Submerse yourself in water? FFS. Only dirty people wash!

And to think not long ago people were getting excited about having an indoor toilet and bathroom.

How far we've come.

Just cycled to yoga, had a breakfast with spinach in it just jumping in the rubber jaccuzzi to finish off

Any more out this sort of thing and I’ll be joining CND and chugging cock

And to think not long ago people were getting excited about having an indoor toilet and bathroom.

How far we've come.
Indoor toilets!
Why would you pooh in your own house?