Outdoor hotub experiences

Mrs is making noises about keeping up with the Joneses and getting an outdoor hot tub. Would be one of those inflatable ones ( I don't own half the lake district and use Ferraris as golf buggies)
# I'm quite against the idea.
Anyway though... anybody here have experience of them? I'm aware of the water chemistry aspects and need to maintain certain parameters -but my water chem experience is largely confined to maintaining a brackish fishtank with pufferfish in it.

In short..are they more trouble than they are worth?

Cheers.

I have a 6 person softub - it doesnt have a heater (uses pumps/friction/insulation) to heat up to a max of 104 degrees. Costs about $5 a month in electricity and I chuck in half a cup of sanitizer and shock after each use.

Edit- mine is hot constantly, no run up time needed.

Last edited:
I bought a house with an existing hot tub in the garden.

Humongous tub with massage jets, lights, music, the whole nine yards.

Didn't cost much to keep it on the boil, but after six months and only a slack handful of midnight dips, sipping cheap fizzy wine under the stars, we got bored with it.

Drained it off and put it into pres and used it as a selling point when we moved.

Great bit of kit if you can fill it with hot chicks, but realistically?

If you like messing about run it from a 12v Webasto thermotop C diesel heater running on kero as it's cheaper than running from the electric heating element our blow up one has 3kw heating element butv the webasto is 5.2kw so should heat up within 12hrs instead of 24 using the element

I saw a telly prog last week about them. The inflatables are more bubbles rather than jets and are not necessarily heated. It's a bit of you get what you pay for so do some research ... Are you going to use it constantly if you go budget end or will you if you splash out ?

I have a 6 person softub - it doesnt have a heater (uses pumps/friction/insulation) to heat up to a max of 104 degrees. Costs about $5 a month in electricity and I chuck in half a cup of sanitizer and shock after each use.

Edit- mine is hot constantly, no run up time needed.

That`s got to be worth a pic surely?

Plus any technical data

Sordid sex pond.

I bummed a fat bird in one and by the time my mate got back off holiday, the water was green.
I neglected to tell him about the shit flecked bits of sweet corn floating about and left it as a nice surprise for him and his family.

Got one on these, can pick up for under £400, cost few quid to warm up & pennies to keep at 40C temp, Ive got a pool floater that I put chloride hard tablets in it to kill the nasties.

Sordid sex pond.

I bummed a fat bird in one and by the time my mate got back off holiday, the water was green.
I neglected to tell him about the shit flecked bits of sweet corn floating about and left it as a nice surprise for him and his family.

I`ve never understood why people eat sweet corn

Dear Deirdre,

When I read the thread title I thought I'd be in for another thread full of ArRSers stories factual anecdotes about their sexual fantasies exploits, not a bloody sensible advice thread!

Disappointed of Vlissingen.