• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Outcunning the cunning Mr.Fox

I want your ideas on how to capture/get rid of this bloody fox that keeps coming into the garden sending the dog berserk and making it piss itself on the floor and waking me up, and no I do not want to get rid of the dog to solve the problem, the bastard fox must go. At present my best weapons are assorted missiles, mainly 1ps that are to hand to engage the little crapper with to get it to sod off for a bit, but I need a long fix.

Call in the local hunt. They will not hunt it with hounds but under the Neue Arbiet laws bore it to death with stories about how, if it doesn't act in a socially responsible manner in the future it will be given an ASBO and it's own personal probation officer.

Both poison and snares are pretty inaccurate - you could get your neighbours cat or even your own dog by mistake. Not really recommended.

I take it your back garden is not big enough for a shotgun or rifle? If not, some of these new high powered air rifles will do the trick and if it doesn't die there and then, it certainly will associate your garden with a bit of pain!

How about some sort of humane trap ie a cat travel box or cage with a chicken or dog food in it, then if you catch the critter drive out some miles form home and release him. Then you will have solved 2 problems you get rid of him and you dont have the animal rights on your back because you did it humanely!

ugly

LE
flynavy said:
How about some sort of humane trap ie a cat travel box or cage with a chicken or dog food in it, then if you catch the critter drive out some miles form home and release him. Then you will have solved 2 problems you get rid of him and you dont have the animal rights on your back because you did it humanely!
Live fox traps £120 live ammo .22 rf subsonic about 50p. slotting a fox and getting away with it; priceless!

flynavy said:
omg we got league against cruel sports in the wire!

RHODESIAN said:
A proper dog would do the job no problem and provide some good sport oops sorry thats illegal now isn't it??
:D the problem with a ridge back is if its not quick enough the fox has gone to ground and its too damm big to follow. Russells are on the other hand small and easily disposable, send them down the hole and if they get stuck well bugger off for a brew and if the damm dogs to stupid to get its self out then it is its own bloody fault.

As for good sport, you've never seen a pair of Russells at work?

BiscuitsAB said:
RHODESIAN said:
A proper dog would do the job no problem and provide some good sport oops sorry thats illegal now isn't it??
:D the problem with a ridge back is if its not quick enough the fox has gone to ground and its too damm big to follow. Russells are on the other hand small and easily disposable, send them down the hole and if they get stuck well bugger off for a brew and if the damm dogs to stupid to get its self out then it is its own bloody fault.

Yeah Russels would be good I just like me ridgebacks,and it might be a big fat lazy urban fox,the sort thats over dosed on Mcdonalds and kentucky fried chicken

Dig a 12 foot hole. Get some bamboo and sharpen the ends. Smear the ends with Iguana droppings. Cover it with palm branches and wait dressed as a native with a blowpipe. If the League turn up simply capture them and cook them in large pot of your choice.

RHODESIAN said:
BiscuitsAB said:
RHODESIAN said:

Yeah Russels would be good I just like me ridgebacks,and it might be a big fat lazy urban fox,the sort thats over dosed on Mcdonalds and kentucky fried chicken
A good compromise would be something along the lines of an irish terrier. Smaller than a Ridgeback (for chasing it to ground) , but just as nasty and head strong as a pair of JRT's and you only need one of them! :D

[quote="Agent_Smith
A good compromise would be something along the lines of an irish terrier. Smaller than a Ridgeback (for chasing it to ground) , but just as nasty and head strong as a pair of JRT's and you only need one of them! :D[/quote]

I keep em in pairs incase I breaks one, then I still have a spare :D