Outcunning the cunning Mr.Fox

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 307, Jan 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

I want your ideas on how to capture/get rid of this bloody fox that keeps coming into the garden sending the dog berserk and making it piss itself on the floor and waking me up, and no I do not want to get rid of the dog to solve the problem, the bastard fox must go. At present my best weapons are assorted missiles, mainly 1ps that are to hand to engage the little crapper with to get it to sod off for a bit, but I need a long fix.
  2. snare then bludgeon/shoot?
  3. industrial strength chicken wire around your gaff??
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Got a pair of Jack russells you can borrow :) failing that trap it and smack it on the head with a shovel.
  5. A proper dog would do the job no problem and provide some good sport oops sorry thats illegal now isn't it??
  6. Call in the local hunt. They will not hunt it with hounds but under the Neue Arbiet laws bore it to death with stories about how, if it doesn't act in a socially responsible manner in the future it will be given an ASBO and it's own personal probation officer.
  7. Shoot it or a poisoned chicken, though becareful or the leauge against cruel sports will be after you!
  8. wonder if you could freepost the fox to them? live or dead?
  9. Both poison and snares are pretty inaccurate - you could get your neighbours cat or even your own dog by mistake. Not really recommended.

I take it your back garden is not big enough for a shotgun or rifle? If not, some of these new high powered air rifles will do the trick and if it doesn't die there and then, it certainly will associate your garden with a bit of pain!
  10. How about some sort of humane trap ie a cat travel box or cage with a chicken or dog food in it, then if you catch the critter drive out some miles form home and release him. Then you will have solved 2 problems you get rid of him and you dont have the animal rights on your back because you did it humanely!
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Live fox traps £120 live ammo .22 rf subsonic about 50p. slotting a fox and getting away with it; priceless!
  12. omg we got league against cruel sports in the wire!
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

:D the problem with a ridge back is if its not quick enough the fox has gone to ground and its too damm big to follow. Russells are on the other hand small and easily disposable, send them down the hole and if they get stuck well bugger off for a brew and if the damm dogs to stupid to get its self out then it is its own bloody fault.

As for good sport, you've never seen a pair of Russells at work?