Outage tonight

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Apr 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry for the hour or so of dead site. I just got back from the pub and came on to do the usual checks (email etc) and found the sites dead - the server was not running, but I can't work out why. Hopefully our shiny new one which is being installed as we speak will improve reliability, but 'puters are 'puters and they always go tits up form time to time, no matter how shiny.

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry sorry sorry.

Once again I came back to find the server not running. I'm going to dig deeper now as I was very late last night and have been at work today.

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

And that was easier than I thought. Problem found.

4. Bad CO knawing on the cables?

5. Apart from the outage earlier has anyone else been having intermittent problems getting on tonight? Am I being auto-shunted to the bottom of the queue for a connection for being horrible to the munters in the gallery ;)

6. No, the only threads I can read are the ones on the homepage index, I can't get into the forums "proper"

7. No, the only threads I can read are the ones on the homepage index, I can't get into the forums "proper"

8. Ah, ok. Things seem to be fine at the moment. Hope your prob is sorted now too :)

9. Seems okay now but my arrse had been playing up all night I thought it was just the cider. I had to look at some adult entertainment sights instead. Now I am going blind or is that just the cider?

10. And i thought it was my tramadol as been borrowed by someone else