Out soon - Pension?

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Seedubs, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am out in a few days, I currently on termination leave.

I have not seen anything with regards to pension etc since I received my leavers pack at the 6 month point where I filled in some Pension form and received a SPVA Acknowledgement slip (which I still have!).

Should I have had some confirmation notice informing me of what exactly my pension should be monthly and any lump sum payments?

I have my 108 from my unit (just the write up) but thats only because they gave me a hard copy when I popped in.

Anyone know the correct procedures now with JPA etc?

2. The unit should have given you your 108, which is for your retention, Glasgow will send you the rest, if you confirmed your home address with them, this should have been done at least 2 months prior to discharge, the pension form that you completed will action the pension payments, this should be done at least 3 months prior to discharge, if you want to know your payments either call them (number is in your pack) or look at the pension calculator availiable through ArmyNet.

3. Seedubs (and LJS if you can help)

Can you do me a favour and let me know how long it took for your lump sum to appear ? Also did you get your first monthly pension payment at the same time as the lump sum or does it start a month later. Lastly how long did it take for your final salary to appear and were there any surprises ?

I'm out on the 29th April and attempting to do a little financial planning.

many thanks

PS. What is a 108? Is that the testimonial thingy?

4. For 22 years it has stated on your pay slip when you are due out, but they still manage to fcuk it up.

5. All.

Just left RN (in AFPS 75), last pay day 03 Apr 08. Received letter, dated 03 Apr 08, from AFPS (Glasgow) advising me of:

1. full pension per annum,
    2. lump sum (3 x full pension),
    3. lump sum from commutation,
    4. pension per annum after commutation (I commuted).

(All at 2008-2009 pension rates/codes - I checked!!!)

Both lump sums were in bank account (in a oner) on 11 Apr 08 :D :D

No sign of last 3 days pay (01-03 Apr 08). No sign of pension, but believe it is paid at end of month in arrears.

Hope this info helps.

6. All.

In addition to my last post!

Also got a letter, dated 07 Apr 08, from Xafinity Paymaster (pension payer) stating that my pension will be payed on 24th of each month in 12 equal amounts.

7. Perfect, many thanks. Lets hope it goes as well here!

8. Your last 3 days pay should be paid at the end of this month. Pensions are paid on 1st of each month - looks like they're getting their act together at last!!

PW

9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I get mine on the last day of the month :?

10. Last day of the month for me as well.

11. Mine's always been paid on the 1st of the month -oldbaldy/fdj, when did you leave? - since JPA or b4??

PW

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Well b4 :D

13. V strange I was always under the impression they were all paid on 1st!

PW

14. Got pay statement today with lump sum details. Stated pay date of 30 Apr 08 but actuallly had lump sum in bank on 11 Apr 08; took 1 day to clear. Still expecting pension to be paid on 24th as previously stated.

15. Notice that the Pensions Calculator has just been updated with 2008 rates