Out of range

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by SODA, Feb 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had connected my PC to a HITACHI TV it was working fine and now I just get a blue screen and the words out of range.

Have checked connections and batts in the remote looked in the handbook and can find nothing!

Your help please.

2. Try logging in using safe mode (F8 on boot) then resetting the display settings back to the native resolution for the monitor/tv/

3. thanks for that but the only screen I have is the TV one which is blue....

4. So let me get this right. From the very first second you turn on the PC, the TV immediately says "Out of range"?

Do you not get the BIOS screen and the bit of text that makes no sense before Windows starts to boot? If you do, keep F8 pressed down and choose "VGA mode". It will boot into a very low resolution (640x480 VGA). Set your graphics settings to the ones recommended by your TV manufacturer (Don't forget to change the refresh rate as well). You won't see any differences until you reboot and start the computer normally and hopefully it will boot give you the correct output.

5. TV works fine in every mode except PC, when I select PC from the TV menu all I get is a blue screen with the msg 'OUT OF RANGE' whats odd is it worked fine the first time I set it up but wont now....

6. Switch the computer off & on, keep switching the TV channel to PC if you need to, and keep hitting F8 on the PC during starup.
    Hopefully you will get a DOS style screen allowing you to choose safe mode, then when in Windows set the display to a low res setting.

When you can restart to a basic screen then select a preferred display setting.

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

could be the hertz setting from the laptop to the tv is wrong. try 60.