Out of date Beer

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by WhiteHorse, Apr 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok,

I've found 3 cases of beer in my garage, it went out of date in Sept 08.

Glass bottles of 1664 and cans of Boddingtons, is it safe to drink?

We deploy in 10 days and I don't want anyone getting the runs etc but it seems a waste to pour it down the drain...

What do you think?

Cheers

WH

2. get in yer guts fella

3. 10 days even if you get the runs be over before you deploy.

4. only one way to find out

i think you will find the answer at the bottom of a bottle

5. Send it to me and I will convert it to water for you :)

6. Distill, fill in oak barrel (ex-sherry if possible), leave for 3 years or till you return. Voila: enjoy your own Single Malt.

7. where are you? ill test it for you if youre close to the red rose county

8. aslong as it has nothing settle'd in the bottom of the bottle its all good.

9. Sorry Surrey, but if anyone local fancies it let me know, I'd be happy to share a few...

10. How can you let beer go out of date?

I understand that it is 1664 and Boddingtons, but still.....................

11. I've drunk canned beer 3 years past BBE date. Didnt taste too great, and no gut problems after, and it still got me drunk. We don't drink it for the taste, do we?

6 months out of date? You probably won't even taste the difference.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Get it in ye!

13. This is what happens when you start reading beer cans. Neck it you geek and stop reading.

14. Get it down ya. The cans may be a little metallic (more than usual), but the bottles will almost definately be fine! Have a good one, then have another good one in 10 days time.

15. I was in a similar situation last month with some 'almost new' Hefeweizen. Within hours of consuming it I'd had several trips to the toilet to "drop off the Cosbies".

My advice,go for it.