Ouston Boys.........

I was on parade June 81 in Bruno.. what a grim hole Ouston was - its now only 45 mins up the road.. not far enough away.

I passed it last week and drove up to the top of that hill we had to run up far too often.. would give me a heart attack running up it these days.

Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the TS - Harry something or other..

I recall having pay withheld for the first x weeks then getting it all in one go - then blowing it. I recall the strip party we were taken to by the cadre..

Well maybe it was not that bad.. lol.. and was a good jumping off point for 12 years..

John Moore
You did 12 years! "Harry" Worth & Lieutenant Greene

fu2

LE
Just rememberd the name of my tp sgt, Sgt Brock (not sure if with a k)

Whitespear troop84/85 jock mcwilliam
its funny but one of the people i remember most is cutler and i dont think he was there long. the regimental bath was the end of him .we used to call kukri troop cutler troop .i remember you taff i can remember you werent much good at running and you burke (is it martin ?).i dont think theres many of us i cant remember.me and big rob downton became good mates at 7 sigs . cpl cartledge we called gringo because he looked like a mexican was there and the other one the mank with the tash cant remember .after 7 sigs i went to 4 div then got out after that .happy times and i think im the better man for it but it was a long long time ago

Brilliant I remember getting my hair cut by sue. Lol I was in lightning troop sept 80 then my lung collapsed just after battle camp so I passed out in hospital literally. Ha ha great times. I was know as Khyber from Manchester and my mate was Greavsie Jerry. Anyone remember.???

All those that did training at Ouston do you agree that our young people should do 6 months army training at the end of school term.....

I do I think it should be implemented !!!

Anyone remember the chip van that used to come into the barracks at the weekend best chips ever.....
Had to laugh to myself yesterday thinking of that old bitch OTTERBURN what a horrible place that was we were there in February freezing our nuts off having to strip down to our waist at first light and have wash and shave I didn't even have bum fluff on my face but still had to shave no matter what!!! Said our NCO....
Another memory I have is volunteering to do boxing I don't mean milling we all had to do that character building so we were told by our friendly PTI....I mean to join the boxing team I was put into the ring with a skinny JS from Liverpool (Bootle) and I thought to myself I'm going to give him the hiding of is life how wrong was I had the worst boxing bout of my life he gave me a right hiding when I got out of my ring the PTI and a NCO told me never to underestimate anyone again.....
I never have or ever will from that day to my dying day.....

You learn so much about yourself when you're up against it life lessons are always the best....

I was on parade June 81 in Bruno.. what a grim hole Ouston was - its now only 45 mins up the road.. not far enough away.

I passed it last week and drove up to the top of that hill we had to run up far too often.. would give me a heart attack running up it these days.

Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the TS - Harry something or other..

I recall having pay withheld for the first x weeks then getting it all in one go - then blowing it. I recall the strip party we were taken to by the cadre..

Well maybe it was not that bad.. lol.. and was a good jumping off point for 12 years..

John Moore
I was Bruno Troop the year before you. The troop sgt was Harry Worth. Top bloke. Bumped into him at 1ADSR in 1983.

I know this is an old thread and the only reason I joined here was to try and get a troop photo, if anyone has it digitized - Battleaxe Troop 1982-1983. It would be very much appreciated - thank you!

I know this is an old thread and the only reason I joined here was to try and get a troop photo, if anyone has it digitized - Battleaxe Troop 1982-1983. It would be very much appreciated - thank you!

Attachments

• Battleaxe Troop.jpg
    Battleaxe Troop.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 21

JAD

LE
Great pic and definately some vaguely familiar faces there from errr 40 years ago ffs! @JAD Whitespear Tp 1983-84.
BTW anyone got any 83-84 intake photos from either, Kohima, Battleaxe, Khukri or Whitespear (Champion Tp, sorry guys) to post on here before we're all too old to remember our own names or Regtl. numbers. Ta