Ouston Boys.........

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by G3Ops, Mar 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fraid not Ouston was after my time as a junior soldier 8O
  2. June 84. RSM's on a Sat morning and if you were in rag order it was a long way to jail.
  3. Battleaxe '79. Eddie Bell and Jim Wilson Tp Sgt's, doubt they make them like that any more. Those were the days, show parade, change parade, drill, show parade, change parade, drill............
  4. daz

daz LE

Whitespear troop sept 84

And Eddie Bell was still running the nick,mind you it homed my acting skills up no end, trying to pass for sober when signing back into camp while under his beady eyes. :wink:

Never did get caught, thank feck :p :p :p

5. Whitespear Troop Sept 79..... it seems like oh so long ago :(
  6. daz

daz LE

What about the regimental tracksuit as well, thought we were all "encouraged" to buy that as well, or is my memory going again 8O

Oh, troop sweatshirts just before pass off can be added to that list as well, fecking con :roll:
  7. daz

daz LE

now run around that bugger :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Easy. JLR RCT was twice as big at Colerne.

This picture only shows 60% of the camp too!
  9. What? Again? At my age? 8O
  10. Remember when 'Vicars'? had their 'secret tank' running up and down the runway?

Or the sports day when on the high jump the winner missed the crash mat and fell on his head.

The PS tried to put him in the 3/4 prone on the bad side of his head.

Every time he moaned and tried to turn the fcukers put him back.
  11. daz

daz LE

Yes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: , either that or litter picking detail , a.k.a womble patrol :lol: :lol: around the airfield.

12. daz

daz LE

Got the plaque, or rather my mum has (still not sure why mind you), only picture i've got is of the troop about halfway though the training ( http://groups.msn.com/cardiffroyalsignals/ouston.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=317 )

If Ex Brave Defender is the one i think your on about, might of been some of the 2 Sqn bods who got whacked by the paras, we could hear it from our Loc, same Ex there was Belgium paras knocking about looking like total cnuts.

13. I was there as a crab from 88 to 92 (ish) My radar det was in the middle of the cross runways and we stayed in the sgts mess annex

and I remember the vicars tank testing
  14. Ouston what a place, having to buy a tracksuit, saturday morning drill, trying to get back into camp on a saturday afternoon looking sober, every exercise you ever did was on Otterburn the Devils very own Sh1thouse, weeding the entire airfield so Princess Annes plane could land for our pass off.
    Remember the RSM getting a kissogram on the square on a saturday morning during drill, steam coming out of his ears, Drill stops for no man or woman, he was a pure Cassette head.
    Remember the inter-squadron sports day turning into a mass pitch invasion during the 5-a-side.
    Jeff Ellis was the TP SGT, what a bloke an absolute gent, you could not ask for a better TP SGT, if there was ever a valid argument for cloning this man is the one, every basic training TP should have one. We wouldn't get any of the pond life we get nowadays.
    Sgt Ellis I salute you. :wink: