Our Multi Million Pound Mosque

Did you vote....

• Yes or

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Makes you wonder just WTF is going on sometimes.

The public will be consulted - as with other planning applications - but if the corporation approves the proposal there will be no right of appeal.

However, if the quango rejects the scheme Tablighi Jamaat can appeal to the Government.
Time to paint some crossed keys on the panzers and then go and "consult" with these guys?

Remember not to "tresspass" on their land or you will be wearing a burka and writing letters to your beloved government as soon as you can say pirates ahoy

From the Council Tax and Lottery Fund - where else? Ken doesn't actually write a cheque on his own account does he?

The only report on the London News was that the original size for 70,000 worshippers has been reduced - no actual figures as to what yet.

Factual errors in the above article:

1. The HQ of the Tablighi movement is in South Asia, not in Dewsbury. The group has an Islamic centre in Dewsbury, which is open to the public - and clearly some of the 7/7 terrorists used it, as it was one of their local facilities.

2. French intelligence may have described it as the "antechamber of fundamentalism" (whatever that means), but the movement has never advocated violent jihad.

3. The movement may be fundamentalist but they have been banned from Saudi Arabia, so it is incorrect to say they adhere to the same Wahhabi beliefs as the Saudi royal family. The Saudis regard the Tablighis as heretics since they treat the teachings of their founder with too much reverence, rather than sticking to the Quran and the Sunna.

Given that the author has made these basic errors (and I'm not an expert!), it casts doubt on the rest of her article.

The planners will most likely let the mosque go ahead but it will be much reduced in size - will probably stop at Phase 1 with space for 10,000.

Storm in a teacup. On the one hand, a bunch of slightly nutty but basically harmless Islamic missionaries; on the other, tabloid journalists => result= media frenzy.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
From the article linked above:

"Dr Patrick Sookhdeo, director of the Institute for the Study of Islam and Christianity, said: "The corporation has already said that the new mosque will make West Ham a 'cultural and religious destination'. "

To some of us, West Ham (or at least the Upton Park part, only just in West Ham really) already is a cultural destination. To some, it probably counts as a religious one.

no1cares said:
Ken Livingstone has decided to use £100m of taxpayers money to build a mega-mosque in London, in time for the Olympics in 2012.
If you're going to comment, No1cares, then get your facts right.

This mosque is to be paid for by the Tablighi movement itself, not the taxpayer.

Where did you get this idea from?

OldSnowy said:
From the article linked above:

"Dr Patrick Sookhdeo, director of the Institute for the Study of Islam and Christianity, said: "The corporation has already said that the new mosque will make West Ham a 'cultural and religious destination'. "

To some of us, West Ham (or at least the Upton Park part, only just in West Ham really) already is a cultural destination. To some, it probably counts as a religious one.
Definitely a place of martyrdom - they get crucified every time they come out :D

OldSnowy said:
Yep, every time you walk past you can hear several thousand shouts of "Jezzus Fcuking Christ.."

Is it only open to bigots in London, or can bigots from other parts of the country join in - seeing as the mosque isn't going to cost them anything. How many times is this going to be dragged up.

I did a quick search on the supposed edifice, first of all on the Beeb website where I found an article on the plans for the Olympic buildings there was no mention of a mosque being included in the plans.

Sooo. I did a general search on Google. Found this on the mosque - where it gave this nugget on the planning permission

Whether or not Tablighi Jamaat will get permission to build the Markaz, because it is so large, will be decided not by the local Newham town councilors but by the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation [11], a public body funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government, whose board is appointed by the secretary for communities and local government, currently Ruth Kelly. Should the board corporation approve the Markaz proposal, that is that, with no right of appeal. Should it reject the plan, however, Tablighi Jamaat can appeal to the Government

And finally from the Mute article I went (via a link there) To The Times where it turns out that 2500 MUSLIMS have signed a petition against the building - 2500 signatures in 10 days, a powerful weapon against the building ever getting planning permission.

By the way, nowhere in either article does it mention Red Ken - a scoop for the Daily Hate or just another lie

:roll:

Yellow_Devil said:
no1cares said:
Ken Livingstone has decided to use £100m of taxpayers money to build a mega-mosque in London, in time for the Olympics in 2012.

This mosque is to be paid for by the Tablighi movement itself, not the taxpayer.

I do hope we can have your personal assurances on that one. Will the 'movement' - and I use that term very loosely - pay for all of the additional infrastructure costs? Let's hope so, eh?

Rather than building new, perhaps we can get them to refurbish a cathedral or two, as they seem to be falling into disuse...

Sven said:
Is it only open to bigots in London, or can bigots from other parts of the country join in - seeing as the mosque isn't going to cost them anything. How many times is this going to be dragged up.

I did a quick search on the supposed edifice, first of all on the Beeb website where I found an article on the plans for the Olympic buildings there was no mention of a mosque being included in the plans.

Sooo. I did a general search on Google. Found this on the mosque - where it gave this nugget on the planning permission

Whether or not Tablighi Jamaat will get permission to build the Markaz, because it is so large, will be decided not by the local Newham town councilors but by the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation [11], a public body funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government, whose board is appointed by the secretary for communities and local government, currently Ruth Kelly. Should the board corporation approve the Markaz proposal, that is that, with no right of appeal. Should it reject the plan, however, Tablighi Jamaat can appeal to the Government

And finally from the Mute article I went (via a link there) To The Times where it turns out that 2500 MUSLIMS have signed a petition against the building - 2500 signatures in 10 days, a powerful weapon against the building ever getting planning permission.

By the way, nowhere in either article does it mention Red Ken - a scoop for the Daily Hate or just another lie
Well done Sven - the voice of diversity comes to the fors again.

Regarding Ken, he has appeared sveral times on London Tonight (ITV) and BBC South expressing his support for the mosque and sees 'no problem' with it.

As for Newham they gave their permission ages ago but then as the Olympics mess started to spread, the organisers suddenly realised that the largest proposed mosque outside of the ME would be on land bordering, or even including that sought by the Olympics.

Also, if you checked back on the original thread of the mosque you would have noted that properties in the area for the proposed mosque are going up as more muslims seek to buy to be near their place of worship. It was the concentration or possible ghettoisation if you like that would result that sparked the opposition from the locals.

Whilst the building itself will be paid for by the members of the organisation, who will be responsible for the surrounding infrastructure, roads, transport etc? THAT comes under Ken.

Also, the fact that nothing appears on the BBC website about it says a lot.
If it doesn't meet with the current NU-Speak of the board and the managers then it doesn't exist.

Yellow_Devil said:
no1cares said:

Pulled it out my arrse.

Assumed.

No bigotry here I don't give a tiny little sh1t whether they are building a Mosque/cinema/cowshed it is the way in which the yes/no is decided that seems wrong.

If this unelected, which means unaccountable, committee decides to let it go ahead then that's it, no arguing or appeal allowed. On the other hand if they decide against then the builders can appeal to the Government who I assume could override the committee if the proper PC buttons have been pushed.

Just seems wrong to me.

Unsworth said:
Yellow_Devil said:
no1cares said:

I do hope we can have your personal assurances on that one. Will the 'movement' - and I use that term very loosely - pay for all of the additional infrastructure costs? Let's hope so, eh?

Rather than building new, perhaps we can get them to refurbish a cathedral or two, as they seem to be falling into disuse...
See the fount of all knowledge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablighi_Jamaat They call it a "movement" and that's good enough for me.

What infrastructure costs? A new bus stop?

Intli said

Regarding Ken, he has appeared sveral times on London Tonight (ITV) and BBC South expressing his support for the mosque and sees 'no problem' with it.

As for Newham they gave their permission ages ago but then as the Olympics mess started to spread, the organisers suddenly realised that the largest proposed mosque outside of the ME would be on land bordering, or even including that sought by the Olympics.

Also, if you checked back on the original thread of the mosque you would have noted that properties in the area for the proposed mosque are going up as more muslims seek to buy to be near their place of worship. It was the concentration or possible ghettoisation if you like that would result that sparked the opposition from the locals.

Whilst the building itself will be paid for by the members of the organisation, who will be responsible for the surrounding infrastructure, roads, transport etc? THAT comes under Ken.

If it doesn't meet with the current NU-Speak of the board and the managers then it doesn't exist.
My bold
But no mention of giving the builders £100m eh?

My italics
Despite that anything that big HAS to go in front of the higher office for planning permission??

My underline
The rise in property prices has nothing to do with their extreme proximity to the Olympic sports stadaii??? (have I got the plural right there). Whatever the reason for the local Muslims speaking out against the mosque. 2500 wanting the permission to fail is an awfully big voice, a powerful voice which any planning authority will have to take notice of.

The main thrust of the thread was the voting for or against its being built. When planning permission is not given, for what ever reason, will the Daily Hate or its surregate claim to have won that victory :roll:

Steven - do You mean You disagree with the planning process as a whole, or that You disagree with the project going to the higher body for the decision. Perhaps You want it to remain with the Newham Town Council :roll:

Sven said:
Intli said

My bold
But no mention of giving the builders £100m eh?

My italics
Despite that anything that big HAS to go in front of the higher office for planning permission??

My underline
The rise in property prices has nothing to do with their extreme proximity to the Olympic sports stadaii??? (have I got the plural right there). Whatever the reason for the local Muslims speaking out against the mosque. 2500 wanting the permission to fail is an awfully big voice, a powerful voice which any planning authority will have to take notice of.

The main thrust of the thread was the voting for or against its being built. When planning permission is not given, for what ever reason, will the Daily Hate or its surregate claim to have won that victory :roll:

Steven - do You mean You disagree with the planning process as a whole, or that You disagree with the project going to the higher body for the decision. Perhaps You want it to remain with the Newham Town Council :roll:
With regards to the Olympics, the prices in the area of the proposed mosque have been rising steadily since its build was suggested. As I said earlier, it is only because of the extended Olympic planning (not factored in the original display) bringing it nearer to the mosque site that started all the ooh hah in the first place. It is the Olympics that has propelled the building into the spotlight and made it more 'newsworthy' and not a local building issue.

A mosque, isn't that where the elders and imans sprout their hate of the West, where the bombers hang out...just like a terrorist training center....

Latest Threads