Our Mental - Please Support Him

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ScouseD, Mar 16, 2013.

?
  1. Boring

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Funny

32 vote(s)
    49.2%
  3. I voted for option three. Option 3 for me! I just love option 3! Yeah... 3!

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. You forgot option 7. Never forget option 7!

12 vote(s)
    18.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Iron Duke’s come under a bit of flak of late, and some of it deserved. But for me he’s one of the best posters here. Constant and reliable shite, that’s what we get from the deranged loony. He may be a sad old git with rotting underpants and fantasies about one day moving to a bigger hedge, but, when all’s said and done, he’s our mental.

It was a toss up between options 3 and 7, but TiD’s point about better Mod-thing in certain areas is about right so I’ll vote for (overall) funny as fuck. He’s an asset, even if he should sometimes drink a mug of shut the fuck up.

I’m Scouse and I approve this message.*

* (Right, like I’d fucking well be against it, would I?! I spend millions on a TV campaign** and then I go on telly to say I’m against me?! Or a bit neutral perhaps, not so hot on the whole thing of being me? You fucking guess. Go on, take your time.)

** The budget for TiD’s expensively produced TV advertisements for his “Any Other Option but 1” campaign came solely from donations to Help the Spastics buckets and not from the tax payer.

2. I think TID is a protected species.

3. I think TiD is a species. I’m not going to commit to anything further.

4. You don't care to elaborate and specify the species

5. I’m not even sure he shares anything of this planet. As a confused (remarkably confused) visitor he needs our support. I’m sure some Arrse colleagues take a mildly alternative view, such as setting him on fire and watching him trying to run back over the border to Kazakhstan or some other commie place, but that’s not my view and I’m sure it’s not yours.

Let him run wild as nature intended, that's what I say (except in certain threads. He should keep out of certain thread. I also say that.)

• Like Like x 6
  6. Dukey is a funny cunt, but must admit to a bit of surprise when he posed a serious question though. Drugs wore off perhaps?

7. What's a TiD? And why would I want one when I don't even have a hedge?

8. Yeah, very clever with your words and stuff. Frankly, you’re impressing no one and I’ve got very low standards.

I’ve entered you as a no-vote, so you don’t count. I’ll put you down for a seven. It was either that or a three. The important thing is that you took part. Thanks, it's much appreciated.

9. I think he is (usually) funny; sometimes gusting hilarious.I have no idea who he is in real life or whether he has any military connection or background but he is clearly more intelligent and witty than the majority of the trolls who spout drivel on here (and yes, I do realise that is not a particularly high bar to clear!).

• Like Like x 5
  10. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

It's a fig leaf you attach to your Veterans Badge and it's as close as anyone's going to get to a Cold War medal.

11. Nice try Dukey. How are the degs?

12. No military experience, needs to knock the pretending to be Bad CO on the head and the Deltics thing is about as funny as cot death (actually cot death can be funny if its a scouse, Scottish or poor)

That said, he does have a rather unique way of putting trolls and the terminally dull back in their box and his book reviews are good for a laugh.

13. TID is Sluggy's registered carer. For that all his sins should be forgiven.

14. Only if he smothers the fucking walking waxwork.