Our Boys in Belize and !!!!!

I must have only dreamt I was in Libya! What about Trieste? Or Cameroon? Not to mention Nigeria, the Gold Coast, Gambia - each Bn of the RWAFF had Brit SNCOs and Officers - not to mention REME, RAOC, RASC, etc. There was a sizeable Brit presence in the Dutch East Indies until 1946 or so....not to mention the Indian sub continent (including Burma) until 1947! And Jamaica until the early 1960s.

I must have only dreamt I was in Libya! What about Trieste? Or Cameroon? Not to mention Nigeria, the Gold Coast, Gambia - each Bn of the RWAFF had Brit SNCOs and Officers - not to mention REME, RAOC, RASC, etc. There was a sizeable Brit presence in the Dutch East Indies until 1946 or so....not to mention the Indian sub continent (including Burma) until 1947! And Jamaica until the early 1960s.
Excellent! It just goes to show what a load of ill-researched tosh British journos produce these days.

Oh god, Tropper will be along any minute to tell us about his postings to the moon, the centre of the Earth and the land that time forgot.

Our boys in Belize...and the 38 other places the British Army has been deployed since World War II | Mail Online

I expect to be recommended for No 1 Field Punishment for this post if I'm lucky.

80 troops in Vietnam though they show them in Thailand.
Mind you there was a division (Indian Army, So many Brits including complete Infantry Battalions) there to lock up jap in 45, had lunch today with one of them.

I am sure 'WE' decided only "Support Troops (Embassy in Nam)" years ago.

john
If you mean "during the time of the Vietnam war (c.1957-1975)" then yes that is true. 20th Indian Div was withdrawn in 1946 once enough French troops had arrived.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Iraq (Op TELIC) 4
E Lonely Hearts 13
1 The Intelligence Cell 15