Ouch.

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Ord_Sgt, Feb 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

How the hell did they manage that? Does anybody know the story?

[​IMG]

2. I think he swerved to avoid a rabbit.

3. wasn't that one a case of reversing over the vehicle to the rear? :?

4. It looks like a classic case of tank-tipping. One bloke crouches down behind it and the other guy simply pushes it. It sounds unlikely but it just takes the right flick of the wrist. Or was that a dream...?

5. I think it is judging by the AWOL track to the left of the pic..... :wink:

6. I think this accident was discussed some time ago on ARRSE. Sorry I can't give the link. Presumably was at Suffield.

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yeah looks like BATUS. Not very good drivers these tankie chaps :D

[​IMG]

8. so how does one of the panzers end up upside down from what "seems" like a straight forward recovery? :? Is it the same two tanks in both pics(i know the c/s indicator says so)??? :?

9. It's obvious really. The crew have tuned it upside down to get the track back on.

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm not sure it's the same incident but that 22 is one unlucky tank :D

11. What are the chances of those getting repaired?

12. ref; the 2 pictures they are not the same incident. the second picture was taken on about day 3/4 of the first ever medman with CR2. COMD BATUS was not a happy chappy, especially as 5 mins later one of the other SQN tanks drove its barrel 3 feet into the ground.

13. are you sure? I was on that med man I remember the barrel incident but do not recall the upside down wagon
    was it done during recovery?

14. i have no idea about the upside down tank, i just know that the 2 pictures are different incidents. the 2nd picture(where the 2 collided side into side) was taken on the first CR2 medman and to sepparate them we just drove them away from each other.

15. I think the first picture someone died. Note 14billy in the background.