Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. Keeps us all in a job!
  3. Well, in WW2 the yanks made quite a tidy sum....mainly from us. I seem to recall seeing somewhere that they came out of WW2 two and half times richer then when they went in.

What I am interested in is how much the Yanks so called "war on terror" (but really war against US enemies) has cost us.......and where do we send the bill? Blair or the US?
  4. I think the likes of us and our descendants will be paying the bill long after LookLikeYknow and his buddies have shuffled off.
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

We only finished paying for that in time to pay for these new wars
    Being a war to war salesman sounds as though it's quite profitable
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Actually with a huge deficit that dwarfs the current one they are having a tissy about, vanished pretty quickly though.
  7. I wonder where I sign up!
  8. Yep, and no doubt we will be getting involved in some more yank misadventures which we and our descendants can pay for.
  9. Well seeing as it has lasted nearly twice as long,,,it would do.
  10. Depends on what's going on with the FI, can't really seem to see the septics being that popular when they insist on supporting Argentina's claim of sovereignty over them and asking us to come to negotiating their hand over to the Argies.
    Mind you IMO that's because if the argies do take over the area would become "stable" and the yanks would make a ton from the oil drilling done there- pretty much the same reason for the war on terror (war for oil) currently going on.
  11. It's not the length of time that costs (although it is a factor, obviously). The cost of the weapons/munitions/vehicles/planes etc costs so much more than they did in WWII due to the levels of sophistication.
  12. Now are you including Lend Lease,,,,,,,US to UK 31billion$ (= 470billion$ now),,,,,,,Canada to UK 4.7$ (US) (=71billion$ US now),,,
    Lend Lease started in March 1941,,,,Repayment finally ended in Dec 2006.
  13. No..........
  14. Good,,,,,,I'm so glad,,,,However,,,The Cost of the Cold War now how much did that cost?????
  15. "war to war salesman" ...aka Politician?