Ouch, that hurt! LAPD enforcing their restraint and arrest techniques

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fat_Cav, Aug 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, I can see the need to restrain a gobby 'perp' giving in large in your face, but a (second) slam to the floor?

I seem to recall on my course that the last line of the aim of restraint and arrest was something along the lines of, and I'm paraphrasing:
    "When you have used the correct techniques and the person is restrained, then anything else is deemed a punishment"
    I know it's been edited and there's may be some more of her struggling away, but a second face-to-gravel interface seemed a little severe.

However, I wasn't there so I can only comment on what I can see:

Michelle Jordan: Video shows LAPD 'brutally throwing woman onto pavement' | Mail Online

Incidentally, and more trivia than significance, they're from the same unit that gave Rodney King a lesson in Community policing all those years ago

2. The US is not a police state. You just need to do whatever the cops tell you or else.

Well, sarcasm aside the wronged would normally have some redress through the courts - provided they could afford lawyers or find an ambulance chaser to take on the case.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

3. Well, at least they didn't shoot her.

4. I bet she'll never use her phone whilst driving again though.

5. Interesting to see that what happened immediately before both the take downs was edited out. I am betting that seeing all of the footage would give a different perspective on how necesary it was.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Are you suggesting someone has edited the video so that the alleged assault is taken out of context?

I don't believe you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You cannot criticise their enthusiasm though. Driving while on a mobile. Bitch.

8. I think she needs some ointment.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. The clip is obviously edited, so we can't see the whole story BUT she got more than she bargained for. Bit where she slides over the tarmac with ?17 stone of LAPD on her back made me wince.

But I am a wuss.

10. Obama arranges a competition at Camp David between the FBI, CIA and LAPD. He releases a rabbit into the woods and tells them that whichever team finds it is the winner.

The FBI Team returns first and tells Obama, "Mr President, we found the rabbit but, since it had not committed a Federal Crime, we were forced to release it."

"Bullshit," replies Obama, "You didn't find the rabbit."

The CIA Team turns up next.

"Mr President, we found the rabbit. We put it on an Extraordinary Rendition flight and it will be interrogated at Camp X Ray."

Again, Obama is unimpressed.

"Bullshit, guys. You didn't find the damn rabbit."

Finally, the LAPD team arrive. They are dragging a handcuffed black man. He has been stripped to the waist and his upper body is marked with tazors burns and extensive bruising from a vicious beating. He has also been shot in both legs. The LAPD cops throw him down in front of Obama. He spits out blood and teeth, looks up at the President and screams, "OK! OK! I admit it - I'm the ****ing rabbit!!":threaten:^_~

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh no not at all. I am sure the 2 huge jumps in the footage before the take downs are just glitches on the tape and nothing to do with her lawyers editing it before they gave it to the TV station.

12. I would slam dunk anyone using a phone whilst driving , I fully condone it . Ignorant b&@£ards the lot of them .

Sent from Tapatalk

13. Bank executive alleges abuse by LAPD - latimes.com

After a decade of watching the *******, I'm having a hard time feeling bad for anybody in this story: the strutting LAPD fuckwits (who have been under FBI scrutiny for the last 12 years) or the banker they happy-slapped.

14. Perhaps you can turn your Iron -y -Stop filter down a couple of notches from TOTAL BLOCK