Otterburn, Northern Ireland using Britsh weapons

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Jul 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. You've heard of Twin Towns right? Maybe this is similar but with training areas. Otterburn twined with Ballykinler, exchange troops and all that. :roll: Some might go for Otterburn twinned with Haltern. the Otterburnians definately yes, the Halternians definately no!

3. That must have been a barrel of laughs.

4. Must have been difficult for the Lithuanians. Struggling to understand the Irish during training and trying to fathom the local lingo in the pub in the evening.

Wonder what they were drinking. Guinness or Botlabroonaleman?

5. How many people in MoDPR?

Did they forget to employ proof readers?

Still, I doubt MSR will be as hacked off as some Lithuanian worthy if he finds his name has been spelt wrong and now means something like "Lover of Goats and small furry animals"

6. Blimey - they must have moved it since I was last there. I remember it was snowing, so it must have been May or June.

Nice to know the MOD finger is firmly on the pulse. !!

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I stayed at Otterburn for about a month once
    Now it's been relocated do I qualify for a medal and allowences?

8. Of course you could do the much more simple thing of sending DGMC an email to let them know they've made a small mistake, but where's the fun in that :)

9. Ah Jim, the breath of practical common sense, as ever !

10. Cool. A big multinational reservist rave. Booyaka.

I wonder if that is anywhere near the Massif Central?

11. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Frick me. It used to take a while to drive there but I never remember going on the ferry.

12. Noticed that this morning. Having been present on said camp, I confirm the Otterburn the story speaks of was very much in England :D

13. Strange what an email can do - the problem is now fixed!

14. Oh no it isn't.

15. What's been fixed? Still looks the same to me.

Seems they don't bother with any sort of proof-reading -

"Our NCOs who go on these training teams gain phenomenal amount of experience in terms of instructional ability, capability and get they away to another country which is always hugely attractive."

"As everybody knows operationally the amount of resources that the regular Army has got to assistant other nations is reducing all the time."

1/10 for effort.