OTIS Weapon Cleaning Kits ..

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 3_Peco_Seconds_GO, Jan 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a few people have said why dont we get decent cleaning kits like the US have a few searches later I found OTIS cleaning kits, they seem a tad pricey, are they any good ?

2. Expensive for what you get. You're best off with a 'bore-snake' and use the issue stuff with it.

3. Or hang slack and see what happens, King of Kings mentioned new modular cleaning kits coming to a unit near you in the New Mags thread. Post #146

4. agree... we looked at these and parts of them are quality BUT well over priced.... Much better to make your own kit up.

5. On the whole they are good. Some bits are slightly loose in the foam cut outs and being small likely to get lost in a wood. The pull through is the same as the one in the small cleaning kit.

I didn't pay for mine played with the National Guard and went that's gucci can I have one.

6. *******g Hell sumebody who actually clean his weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. u done a tour?

8. why have you !

• Like Like x 1
  9. My dept. just received Otis 9mm pistol kits for our needs. The kits are compact, comprehensive and quite impressive but I don't think I'd fork out $52 of my own pocket when you can achieve the same ends just as well by assembling a few choice tools oneself.

10. Good Old Uncle Sugar, Besides having the G.I. Issue 5.56 & 7.62 cleaning kits for my M4 & M14 my supply guy handed me two of the Otis kits in 2005. Year later we get another issue of the round otis kit, year after that again, only change was now the pouch was coyote instead of black. Gave mine away to some shooting pals and used a Bore Snake, and the Issue rods. IIRC the Square kit comes with a Gerber multi tool.

NSN: 1005-01-526-7534
    Cage Code:O1VS3

11. Bore Snake - Combo Tool - Paint brush - Beer Towel - Dare I say it these days... Some JockBrite... Shh!

12. Goddam you and your jockbrite- bane of my feckin life that stuff

13. "Quick - make everything shiny!" "Oh dear, it's all going rusty!"

Muppets!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Your be telling me next the A2 gas plug is supposed to be black.

15. Sssssssshhhhhhhhh! :)