Other Procurement Problems.....

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by Litotes, Sep 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We all complain about our equipment procurement system, and we all reckon that visiting the local store would solve all our problems, but that is not necessarily so, as I have just found.

I am refurbishing a house and fancied replacing the standard white sockets with some natty coloured ones to match the decor. Whilst visiting B&Q, I spotted some coloured sockets that seemed to be ideal, but they only had a light switch and a 3 pin socket in stock. The gentleman in orange didn't know a thing about the range and didn't have any leaflets. So I noted the name, visited the website and searched for the range - but it wasn't there.

I rang the company (hint; not all the telephone numbers on the website worked...aarrgghh!) and spoke to a very nice lady who told me they make this new range specifically for B&Q and they only make two varieties, and are not planning to extend the range. So, I can't buy a double lightswitch, a telephone or television socket, or a blanking plate, in that style and colour.

2. and for B&Q that's strange because........