Other half leaves your for ...? Which would upset you more?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Excognito, Oct 16, 2009.

?
  1. Partner leaves for someone of their gender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Partner leaves for someone of opposite gender

60.0%
  3. None of the above

24.0%
  4. MYOFB

16.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Nicholson_(East_India_Company_officer)
    I wondered how Edwarde's wife might have felt about this, and in this day and age, if HE and JN had upped-sticks and set up shop together. I know two women whose husbands left them for a man and both felt they would rather have it have been for another woman - being left for a bigger pair of younger boobs is one thing, but the implied snub to their femininity was something else.

2. I disagree, at least if a man left me for another man, I'd know it was nothing I'd done or could have done to change that. If he left me for another woman I'd drive myself crazy thinking it was because she was prettier, slimmer, younger, all of the above...

However, if I thought he'd been shagging a man whilst still with me, I think I'd need to clean my gash out with a brillo pad before I felt clean again so bit of a catch-22?

Known blokes whose ex's had left them for other women, their only gripe seemed to be that they weren't allowed to watch :roll:

3. Interesting. Would it (and I'm not trying to be stereotypically male here) bother you more if the response was "Actually, you're better looking by far but she can cook superbly and converses intelligently upon topics of interest to me"? (I am, in no way, suggesting you don't do all of these things ... )

I have a surprisingly high sense of physical empathy and I still haven't recovered from that image =(

And even more upset that they can't participate? :twisted:

4. Its difficult to judge until in the situation.

Bloke leaves for another bloke then you'd feel you've driven him to men and a complete failure as a woman.

Bloke leaves for another woman then you're not good enough...either way you're inadequate!!

Break ups are never easy.

5. Where is the "couldnt give a shite as long as its one of them and soon option?"

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Washing up.

7. That person doesn't exist :wink:

Apologies :D