other forums

#1
Just recently transfered from another military type forum no prizes for guessing which one. Just wanted to say that the banter and general knowledge on this site is far superior and it also appears there is actually people who have or are currently serving, unlike said previous forum. It was the last straw when i tried to find out where the best place to get my wings done on my arm. The first response was to tell me that if i wasn't in then i'd look like a right twat. What kind of numpty would consider getting them done if they wern't in. Then it clicked the type of person on said forum.
Any way just a quick one to say I have seen the light and have left said forum and will now waste time here.
 
#4
stew said:
Just recently transfered from another military type forum no prizes for guessing which one. Just wanted to say that the banter and general knowledge on this site is far superior and it also appears there is actually people who have or are currently serving, unlike said previous forum. It was the last straw when i tried to find out where the best place to get my wings done on my arm. The first response was to tell me that if i wasn't in then i'd look like a right t**t. What kind of numpty would consider getting them done if they wern't in. Then it clicked the type of person on said forum.
Any way just a quick one to say I have seen the light and have left said forum and will now waste time here.
Firstly, the afore not mentioned site is cracking if you want any advice on any military subject ( as long as it isn't first hand) from a 13 year old bird or 30 year old mature student. :D Secondly if you are in 16 Bde at Colly then most of the 'tat' shops in town will do you a decent inking.
I suppose militaryforums. bollox. com could be prosecuted under trade descriptions as it only consists of civvies who have read a 'McNab book'
 
#5
stew said:
. It was the last straw when i tried to find out where the best place to get my wings done on my arm. The first response was to tell me that if i wasn't in then i'd look like a right t**t. What kind of numpty would consider getting them done if they wern't in. Then it clicked the type of person on said forum.
.
Incredibly, I have seen within the last three months a TA recruit ( Infantry cap badge ) who had Para wings tattoed on his skinny upper arm. He was not ex Para at all, just a sad wannabe.

It was actually so pathetic we felt sorry for the twat. Nearly.
 
#6
Bravo_Bravo said:
Incredibly, I have seen within the last three months a TA recruit ( Infantry cap badge ) who had Para wings tattoed on his skinny upper arm. He was not ex Para at all, just a sad wannabe.

It was actually so pathetic we felt sorry for the t**t. Nearly.
not as sad as a civvie worker for safeways who had "safeways" tattooed across his back, :lol:
 
#7
semper said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Incredibly, I have seen within the last three months a TA recruit ( Infantry cap badge ) who had Para wings tattoed on his skinny upper arm. He was not ex Para at all, just a sad wannabe.

It was actually so pathetic we felt sorry for the t**t. Nearly.
not as sad as a civvie worker for safeways who had "safeways" tattooed across his back, :lol:
8O You sure it wasnt 'Strangeways'
 
#8
Not as funny as the absolute wannabee c**t that had Para wings tattoed on his chest, and tried to get into every group photo going with his shirt open.

I understand them stairs in Gibraltar were very slippery :twisted:
 

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
#9
I had a sniff over there this morning and couldn't find much evidence of info from anyone who had served....just a load of "bloke down the pub says" type of responses.

Being a devlish sort I have started a thread to ask if there are any actual service members or former members there.

Let's see what happens.

Link http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums/viewtopic.php?t=10216
 
#10
maninblack said:
I had a sniff over there this morning and couldn't find much evidence of info from anyone who had served....just a load of "bloke down the pub says" type of responses.

Being a devlish sort I have started a thread to ask if there are any actual service members or former members there.

Let's see what happens.

Link http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums/viewtopic.php?t=10216
I am still banned!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
#12
maninblack said:
I had a sniff over there this morning and couldn't find much evidence of info from anyone who had served....just a load of "bloke down the pub says" type of responses.

Being a devlish sort I have started a thread to ask if there are any actual service members or former members there.

Let's see what happens.

Link http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums/viewtopic.php?t=10216
Seems you might be onto something. The first response agrees with you.
 
#14
i have seen this forums before.
 

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
#17
Seems that way, I shall make the odd appearance on mittyforums.co.uk just to see of there is anyone with a year or two in cadet force who can put them on the straight and narrow.

I gave it a go but I agree, it is a bunch of sad wannabees blowing smoke up each other's chuffs.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bad CO ARRSE: Site Issues 2
scaryspice ARRSE: Site Issues 12
V OTC and ACF 41

Similar threads