Other Corps we get on with??

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Ronnie8781, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would be interested to know if there are any other Corps/Regiments that we as Sappers in the best Corps in the British Army actually get on with/ or have some sort of affiliation with?? The most hated being the RA!!
  2. Conversely, are there any other organisations who would confess an affinity with the sappers? I understand there is a very close and harmonious relationship between the ammunition and explosive disposal communities.........
  3. NONE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

we are the best of the best...................... :D :D :D :D
  4. think you'll find it's a personal choice more than anything. but i'm int corps and hold the sappers in very high regard, having spent two years in the mess at chatham whilst working at the search wing. but it's quite rare that our lot work with you (or that you have the pleasure of working with us ;))

p.s. rickshaw, even i know you are taking the p*ss :lol:
  5. I always like to think that the fat badges have a good crack with us zed heads, or electric donkeys. Except we are far more howling than you when it comes to doing minging stuff in the bar.
    We are we are we are the royal electrical and mechanical engineers, we can we can we can we can drink more than forty beers ect ect...........
    made up my own version after serving with you reprabates at 39 waterbeach.
  6. we may appear to put up with you RE wannabes.............................. but it is just a front fella :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  7. Minging stuff in the bar?? I think the Engineers are renowned throughout the Army for their bars and what happens inside them!! Do one threaders, the only minging stuff you lot do is working with engines all day you geek!!
  8. I think the REs get on well with the APTC, since there is a majority of REs in the APTC.
  9. is that once around my bronzed body............................................................................go :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  10. Must say that i agree with you Knocker
    Most other Units love the Sappers but we hate everyone and dont mind telling them so.
    My Cousin was a Guardsman and when having a few socials with him and his Guards pals i would take great pride in telling the Wooden tops how thick and stupid they were and how they all missed the boat in not becoming a sapper, this was usualy followed by one or more wooden tops trying to rip my head of but as we Know there is nothing as hard as a Sapper full of wife beater. :D :D
  11. Never met an RE I didn't like. Work hard, play hard guys. Welcome in a cavalry mess anytime.
  12. Why would we get on with anyone else when we don't get on with our own troop, other Sqn's or Regts 8) 8)
  13. Aw go on - give us a kiss ;)
  14. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Not in the RE but they were more than happy for me to play rugby for 62 Sqn.
    They needed a big strong lad. :D
  15. Kiss, kiss kiss - just don't tell the wife (or any Sappers) :wink: :wink:

Well we are known for being resourceful - and nicking anything not nailed down (not that nails would stop us anyway) :lol: :lol: