Other AIRBORNE UNITS

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OMG1, Jul 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any one have any views on other Airborne units from around the world... or worked with them on exercise ????

Like the 2eme REP(legion)...1er RIPMA

101st airborne ro 82nd Airborne

Cheers :)

2. The 101st hasn't been airborne since Vietnam - they converted to an air-mobile role while in country and retained the role when they returned to Fort Campbell. Their formal title is 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).

3. I hear these guys are good Régiment de 49 Parachutistes.

4. How did you hear that ?? Good at what ??

5. That's just French for 49 Para ! And yes,they are the mutts nuts!

6. Ok , can you expand on that ?? are they on op's in afghan, they are not R.E.P. So a real "french" army unit who are the bees knees!!

7. Oh dear! .

8. I........must...... resist.................................. :p

9. First rule about 49 Para..............................you don't talk about 49 Para!!!

10. Hook, Line, Sinker

11. ******** deleted expletives . Hands up to that fella's , my only mitigation can be ???? temporary insanity brought about by copious amounts of naff threads about airborne forces. I will now go and commit ritual flaggelation upon the wife. GERONIMO

12. Never mind that. 49 Para could bring anyone to the brink. Except me.

I have already went over years ago, :cool:

Taaam

13. The thing is are they really that good :cool:..... I mean must be hard jumping off the bar ....trying not to spill the beer :D

Was just enquiring if any 1 had worked/jumped with other members of Airborne units like the 2eme REP...Ripma ????

Thanks for the replies lads :D

14. My first laugh out loud moment of the day.....marvellous stuff!

15. I have worked with & jumped with those units that you mentioned. In fact I was with 49 Para last night & let me tell you....Not a Drop of beer was spilled!!!

As for 82nd & 101st Airborne & 2eme REP
    Two are Yank & one is Frog & yes.....they're good units.....................Next!!!!