Other AIRBORNE UNITS

Any one have any views on other Airborne units from around the world... or worked with them on exercise ????

Like the 2eme REP(legion)...1er RIPMA

101st airborne ro 82nd Airborne

Cheers :)

The 101st hasn't been airborne since Vietnam - they converted to an air-mobile role while in country and retained the role when they returned to Fort Campbell. Their formal title is 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).

I hear these guys are good Régiment de 49 Parachutistes.

That's just French for 49 Para ! And yes,they are the mutts nuts!

That's just French for 49 Para ! And yes,they are the mutts nuts!
Ok , can you expand on that ?? are they on op's in afghan, they are not R.E.P. So a real "french" army unit who are the bees knees!!

Ok , can you expand on that ?? are they on op's in afghan, they are not R.E.P. So a real "french" army unit who are the bees knees!!
Oh dear! .

Hook, Line, Sinker
******** deleted expletives . Hands up to that fella's , my only mitigation can be ???? temporary insanity brought about by copious amounts of naff threads about airborne forces. I will now go and commit ritual flaggelation upon the wife. GERONIMO

Never mind that. 49 Para could bring anyone to the brink. Except me.

I have already went over years ago, :cool:

Taaam

The thing is are they really that good :cool:..... I mean must be hard jumping off the bar ....trying not to spill the beer :D

Was just enquiring if any 1 had worked/jumped with other members of Airborne units like the 2eme REP...Ripma ????

Thanks for the replies lads :D

The thing is are they really that good :cool:..... I mean must be hard jumping off the bar ....trying not to spill the beer :D

Was just enquiring if any 1 had worked/jumped with other members of Airborne units like the 2eme REP...Ripma ????

Thanks for the replies lads :D
I have worked with & jumped with those units that you mentioned. In fact I was with 49 Para last night & let me tell you....Not a Drop of beer was spilled!!!

As for 82nd & 101st Airborne & 2eme REP
Two are Yank & one is Frog & yes.....they're good units.....................Next!!!!

49 PARA are expert at "french" activities...

I have worked with & jumped with those units that you mentioned. In fact I was with 49 Para last night & let me tell you....Not a Drop of beer was spilled!!!

As for 82nd & 101st Airborne & 2eme REP
Two are Yank & one is Frog & yes.....they're good units.....................Next!!!!
Is that what you have read then !!! ;)

Ok lets get specific 2eme REP.....YOU are saying they are a good unit ...why ???

I mean after all this is the Intell section :cool:

Is that what you have read then !!! ;)

Ok lets get specific 2eme REP.....YOU are saying they are a good unit ...why ???

I mean after all this is the Intell section :cool:
No you Cock Head, read wot I said! I have worked with those Units....Good enough for you?

I've actually worked with much better foreign units than those too!

2eme REP have the Airborne ethos, ability & aggression required of an Airborne Unit. They have their share of dipsticks, but from what I've seen of them, not read, I think they are above average. Thats my opinion, based of having spent time with them. Others who have worked with them, might not agree. Those who haven't served with any of those units, should be wary of coming to conclusions based on hot air!

Now,.......what are you insinuating...........based on what You've read?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Infantry 54
JP47 Army Reserve 15
63SIGS Army Reserve 15