OTC Recruiting Mega Thread

Discussion in 'OTC' started by ccf_girl, Jul 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey...im hoping to join Tayforth OTC in septmeber (if i get the grades for Dundee!) And i was just wondering if anyone has any info on the selection weekend and what it entails? Thanks :D
  2. http://www.army.mod.uk/tayforth

The weekend is late Sept (i think!). You will be in syndicates led by one of the Junior Under Officers (JUOs). There will be things such as lecturettes, group discussions, medicals, phys etc. Most importantly is the party in the mess!
  3. Haha sounds good! looking forward to it
  4. its a good laugh the selection weekend.nothing to worry about- a chance to have a good laugh really-myself and a few others from stirling will probably be there as well as the guys from st andrews and dundee
  5. Not very positive! Surely a few isn't the best recruitment target 8O
  6. Hear Hear i do belive that stirling can manage more than a few. You should try and aim for platoon strength and thereby build on last years success. :D
  7. Christ... If you get the grades??? If you dont can I point you in the direction of your local council I understand most of them are currently looking for applications for (waste) management
  8. I am going to uni in September also; is it possible to be in the RN Reserve and the OTC at the same time?

edited for better wording
  9. No. Are you joining Tayforth or were you just wondering?
  10. As I am going to St Andrews uni I was wondering about the possibility (already in the RNR).
  11. Well you'll have decide; if you want to wear chinos, blazers, have a pipe and be rather dashing with an outrageously long hair style than A Squadron (St Andrews bit of Tayforth) is for you!
  12. Long hair! Aaargh! No! But the chinos/blazers/pipe/dashingness sounds alright so I'll give it some thought... :D
  13. Recruit Selection weekend will be held at Barry Buddon over the weekend 29 Sep - 1 Oct 06. Prior to selection weekend there will be a number of "open evenings" in the different locations in the weeks leading up to 29 Sep 06.
  14. a yes the joy of the droid factory that is St Andrews