OTC pay

Discussion in 'OTC' started by helloegg, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do the OTC feel about pay being stopped?
    :roll:

2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Mate you're a bit behind the curve here...go check the last weeks worth of posts on the TA forum..;)

S_R

3. -------------------

4. I'm sure you'll get over it.

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

You aren't the only one...most people heard through the rumour mill first.

S_R

6. Hang on, the officer training club get paid ???

What the hell for ?

7. Not any more they don't

And yes Im sure Ill "get over it" but the money was handy, might have to get a bar job or something now. It doesn't help the bbc talking about the 300m overbudget standard for large purchases. But I understand regulars could dislike the otc being paid anyway.
    :!: And yes the TA is a bigger problem and regulars should get all they need. :!:

8. Plenty worthwhile C1 that can be done

9. IMHO the OTC are getting off pretty lightly. OK we won't be getting paid until April, but at least we can carry on with C1 training. And those who genuinely want to go for a commission will still be supported through the selection process. Yes, the lack of money is a blow (the student loan doesn't stretch very far), but i think people will be suprised just how many Ocdts the OTCs manage to retain during this. For the majority of us the OTC is about a lot more than the money. Most TA units are not even getting C1 training

10. If we could get to training areas yes, but it looks like the cost of transport will be excessive. Any suggestions anyone?

11. there is still a budget for transport, accommodation and feeding - these aspects should not be affected, at most your unit may have to cut out a couple of weekends, or train within the local area

12. It all depends on who your CO is and who is in charge at Brigade. I personally am not going to leave, but I think a lot of the new intake this year might leave, without the pay incentive.
    I suppose it is time to roll out the "it's character building" and "SOLIDC chaps".
    I have a feeling the regs are happy that we aren't getting paid, but some of us put in a lot of effort. We aren't all useless C***s.

Rfn_B

13. *shrugs* it's a bugger, but I swore an oath to the queen, and though that may only be through the OTC, I still took the oath and quitting would be turning my back on that. And of course, it's a great laugh, and being payed was a bonus in the first place. Also, the money saved here is going to the frontline and regulars and if we were to whinge, it'd be like bitching that the regs are being favoured over us -- quite right too. Our OTC unanimously chose to carry on C1 anyway. So yes, not getting pay is a bugger, as it would have been quite useful for uni costs etc, but OTC is so worthwhile in so many otherways, and the staff, even TA ones, are not giving up, so why sould we?

14. Aye that is something important that we should keep in mind, all the TA training staff who are still willing to come in and train us without getting paid themselves. We are all in this together. There is so much more to OTC than money; it's for the banter, friends and s**t duties aswell.

Rfn_B

15. Dont' know aobut everything being C1, apparently London OTC are still able to draw pay for weekends but not drill nights. So says my recently joined OCdt mate.