OTC MTQ3 - trained soldiers?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by MightyBigEgo, Dec 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All,
    can some guru help me out with a recruitment query? I have recently become the recruiting NCO for my CS company and am learning everything as I go along, however I am booked on ARC, DCCT and TRHJ courses in the near future where questions like this will hopefully be explained.
    I have a potential recruit (or SuT) who left the OTC two years ago after passing his MTQ1, 2 and 3. Do these qualify him to be considered a trained soldier - albeit without CBRN or would he have to go through TSC(A) and TSC(B)? Could we give him a weekend on CBRN to bring them up to speed?
    I would ask the PSAO but he has retired and we are waiting for a new one. Regiment is run by Regs who after ten years being a composite regiment, still do not understand the various strands of the reserves and looked like rabbits caught in headlights when I asked.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. As mil training varies betwen OTC units MBE, and different emphasis seems to be placed on infantry versus more special to arm training, I would be inclined to have a word with the permanent staff at the unit. I would be pretty sure your applicant could have no sensible objection to this.

Find your UOTC - British Army Website

3. Contact your RTC, they are subject matter experts in this.

4. As BB says contact your RTC though a suggested course of action would be to get him put onto a refresher w/e at the RTC then if he's ok send him onto hisTSC(B) which is where all the CBRN is now conducted.

5. He is within three years of passing MTQ3 so he is a TS.. albeit without the CBRN...

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!