OTC & ACF sub forums link

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by 5.56mm, Jul 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have noticed that on the list of forums page when you go to click on one of the sub forums below the main OTC & ACF min forum, the link does not work and takes you staright to the main forum.
  2. Anyone else notice this?
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

All links seem OK to me, except the slightly frustrating fact that the link chain doesn't work 100%, ie:

Forums >> OTC and not Forums >> ACF /OTC >> OTC.

I don't think that's what you mean though. Can you explain in a different way or post a screenshot?
  4. I think you understand me.

Go on forum index, scroll down to ACF and OTC below them is the sub ACF and OTC forums. If you click on these however it takes you to the OTC and ACF main forum.
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I can't get this at all. They lead to the correct forums for me - nos 80 and 81.

I think I must be looking in the wrong place but I've read your posts again and again and can't see where else you can mean.

I also don't see how this can be different in either theme or browser.

(pic. the black arrow is where I hover the mouse and it links to the correct forum, 81, shown in the status bar)
  6. Thats where I click and it just leads me to the main OTC and ACF joint forum, not ths sub forums :S
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Which browser and OS please?
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've tried this in Safari, IE6, IE7, FF3 (windows), FF3 (Linux), and even the obscure Epiphany and I can't duplicate this error. Really odd.
  9. I have the same problem, just tried it. It seems that when you click it the OCF, ACF part that should links to the subforums in fact is just a link to the main board.
  10. Works fine for me in both Firefox and IE6
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

What browser and OS please? I know the problem but can't duplicate it.
  12. I use Firefox as ARRSE dosn't work for me in IE.
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I appreciate you taking the time to report this but if I'm to make any use of the observations or help cure them I really need you to post some detail rather than just "doesn't work".

What doesn't work? What happens? What version of IE?

What OS are you using? A modern version of Windows - XP or Vista?

This is sounding like there may be a problem at your end. Everything works for the majority and in any browser I've tried but IE doesn't work at all for you and FF behaves strangely. I'd like to know what it is though and make sure it's not something broken here.
  14. Sorry,

When I click on the sub forums it leads me to the main forum. I am using Mozilla Firefox I am using windows XP home edition. Like I said it does not take me to the sub forums but the main forum (OTC and ACF).
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks, although I was really talking about the IE problem there :) What happens in IE? You said it was broken?