OTC 2nd Lieutenent

I am planning on join Queens UOTC, and I was just wandering how many people go on to get commissioned in the OTC, and how hard it is to pass AOSB?

Thanks,

No need to be snarky, I was just asking a question I was not looking for statistics as such just what people have seen from personal experience.

Considering I was only asking a question on a forum I do not think spelling and grammar are tremendously important. And my spelling and grammar are good enough for me to get into a good university to study a highly academic subject, now unless you can actually offer some useful information I do request that you kindly Foxtrot Oscar.

C

count_duckula

Brush up on your spelling and punctuation. That would be a grand start in the right direction.
Stop being a cunt.

OP, your questions are ridiculously bone but:

How many go on is irrelevant, if you want to do it then crack on. OTCs are there to produce officers, use the training but really concentrate when you go away on courses as these are the important ones. OTC in-house training varies hugely from fucking dreadful to that of a high standard.

As for AOSB, people spend forever on here worrying about it. Most of what is talked is crap, listen to the official line and get yourself fit and do some reading. It's not complicated but it is testing. Good luck.

Here's an idea. Take yourself up to Tyrone House and speak to somebody there in person. Much more likely to get a more sensible answer than trawling the interweb in the early hours. Getting your knickers in a twist over light banter, shite grammar and comprehension, lack of initiative...... truly you are officer material. You go for it. As for Queens being a good uni? Meh, average at best. Unless of course you're attending the poly.....

Please don't start criticising the university I go to where did you go London South Bank, and to study what, some shit theatre malarkey where anyone who can mime a tree gets a first.

Stop being a cunt.

OP, your questions are ridiculously bone but:

How many go on is irrelevant, if you want to do it then crack on. OTCs are there to produce officers, use the training but really concentrate when you go away on courses as these are the important ones. OTC in-house training varies hugely from fucking dreadful to that of a high standard.

As for AOSB, people spend forever on here worrying about it. Most of what is talked is crap, listen to the official line and get yourself fit and do some reading. It's not complicated but it is testing. Good luck.
That's shocking language. You precious cunt.

C

count_duckula

Please don't start criticising the university I go to where did you go London South Bank, and to study what, some shit theatre malarkey where anyone who can mime a tree gets a first.
In the RN that's known as a gash bite. You will be rinsed fairly heavily as a new troopy, laugh it off and/or enjoy it or the blokes will just push harder.

In the RN that's known as a gash bite. You will be rinsed fairly heavily as a new troopy, laugh it off and/or enjoy it or the blokes will just push harder.
What he said. Between that, and my advice of going in person you'll be onto a winner. Tyrone House, Weds evenings.

Considering I was only asking a question on a forum I do not think spelling and grammar are tremendously important. And my spelling and grammar are good enough for me to get into a good university to study a highly academic subject, now unless you can actually offer some useful information I do request that you kindly Foxtrot Oscar.
Sighs and shakes head slowly.

Getting into a Uni shows you can pass the odd exam, it does not mean you are going to get a degree.

Getting a degree shows you can pass a few exams, it does not necessarily mean you can apply that knowledge.

Getting a degree does not mean you know more than someone who has been doing the job for years

Most importantly, getting a degree or "going to a good uni" DOES NOT make you any better than the rest of us.

My partner has an Honours Degree in Chemistry and is currently studying for her PHD, she is the lowest qualified person in her office, ex UOTC, Ex officer, but she is still a thick cnut!

Unless of course you're attending the poly.....
Oi! Don't go slagging the poly! I went there for a good few hours before I lost interest in the whole 'Uni' thing!

As to the question, there are usually fairly big intakes (comparatively) at the start and of that only single figures will commission 3 years later, though mostly you can tell who has an interest/ ability fairly early on.

Anyway AOSB is for loosers! Real men fail and join the TA as a soldier and go on about 'how they could have been an officer' the rest of their 'career'!

I am now disappointed I opened and read this thread - I need to find more to do!

Ah the old my university is better then yours thing up there with Guards/Paras/RAF Regt/Arsenal/QPR/Celtic arguments. University of East London, Brunel and about to mentor via London South Bank no idea whats best, its what you get out of it that counts.

MODS, please don't get pissed-off at me, but this stupid d*ck has raised my ire to blood boiling levels.

I started of at Glasgow/Strathclyde OTC in the 60s and I just hope I was never as big a c*nt as Jackogden.

Who the f*ck does he think he is?
No need to be snarky
Oh FFS, it just makes me want to cry.

Sorry,

blood pressure coming down to survivable levels, but I still think I might have to ask Jarrod for a relaxing massage.

Jackogden, heed the previous advice.

Get really fit. Do at least 10 k before you hit the union for a couple of pints and get your kit set up.

Latest Threads