Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Osprey vests to replace CBA in DPM?

super_stab69

Old Salt
Hey just a quick one, dose anyone know if the Osprey vest is going to be issued in DPM some time in the future as a replacement for CBA?

It would make sence to, but who knows.

PPP mate, prior preparation and planning

anyway if it happens it wont be for years anyway, i was just wondering if it will just be for heric and telic, like NI kit issues that were never used anywere elce.

HOllOS said:
super_stab69 said:
it may be fcukin' impractical, but it looks the mutts nuts
Is that with or with out the arms and extra large neck piece

without.

No acounting for taste i supose. i know im in the minority here (probably 1 to 99,999). but befor we get too of topic dose anyone have an answer?

super_stab69 said:
No acounting for taste i supose. i know im in the minority here (probably 1 to 99,999). but befor we get too of topic dose anyone have an answer?

What on earth would you use it for in the UK (or Germany) though? Outside of Telic/Herrick, it has no use at all with the Army.

jimmys_best_mate said:
super_stab69 said:

What on earth would you use it for in the UK (or Germany) though? Outside of Telic/Herrick, it has no use at all with the Army.

I was just wondering if it would eventualy replace CBA across the board. the yanks use a similar plate carrying system weather in conventional opperations OR pso. it might be the direction the gear is headed.

super_stab69 said:
it may be fcukin' impractical, but it looks the mutts nuts

Impractical for what you fcuking tube! To stop you getting your insides spread over your mates and your next of kin getting the dreaded knock or for walting it around with your airsoft mates!

ss69 Have ever worn osprey or kestrel for any length of time in hot temperature u might change ure mind about it looking the muts nuts

Have you ever worn the stuff fella? I'd like to see you do a cft wearing it, bet you would look well ally after a couple of miles :wink: