Osprey Assault Fitting/Sizing

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by LazyLoki, Oct 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, just a quick one.

Just got my osprey for deployment next week bit wanted to check on how the bloody thing is supposed to fit. Didn't get a chance to try on before ordering and went with the size I was reccommended -170 (I'm 173cm tall)

Thing is is seems a bit short to me, only coming down to around my belly button. Is this how it's supposed to fit? I asked the CQ and he reckons it's the right size bit he says that whenever anyone asks him about changing kit size! Also, can it be adjusted down from the shoulders in order to bring it lower at the waist? (it's been taken back off us till next week).

Never been to afghan before and don't want to go with wrong fitting body armour!

Cheers!

2. Sounds alright to me

3. It goes by your shirt size. It should come to around naval height and it sits close around the neck.

4. After a few days of wearing it continuosly you will be glad it does not finish any lower down. I had a 170, as Im a similar height to you, and it was spot on. I knew to get this size, as we wore the old version for PDT and they were mainly all 190s or 180s and they were really uncomfortable on my snake hips.

5. As you can see from our tame stunt codpiece below, the vest finishes some way above the belt line, altought the tier 2 pelvic protection will take up some of this space.

You wouldn't want it sitting much lower down, as it would really limit your ability to bend and twist your torso, and the plate would dig into your bladder every time you sat down.

[​IMG]