Osnabrueck barracks?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by MrsMiniver, Mar 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Has Osnabrueck barracks closed and moved to where...back to the UK?? Trying to locate someone who was there.

Thanks in advance.

2. Not paid the child maintenance then?

3. As a clue OSNABRUCK is a town in West Germany that was stuffed full of many different barracks and generally known as Osnatraz, or just 'The Traz'.

It may seem people are being a bit unhelpful by not answering but what you have at the moment is so vague as to be not worth bothering with..

4. The Brits left Osnabrück last year. There are no barracks left in the town.

5. Ok thanks so far.

I'm not 100% sure of the name of the barracks...could be Robertson? Robert?? Thats why I didnt want to say because I'm not certain of its name.

If they left Osnabrück last year...do you know where to? Or would you need more info to answer?

Thanks all the same.

6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Roberts Barracks.

7. Roberts Bks, former home of 4 Regt RA, 12 LS Regt RLC and 115 Pro Coy.
    Who is it you're after? PM me.

8. Winklehaus Kaserner . . .

O happy 25 in the mid late 80's with Shergar as the RSM!

9. Thank you. Have done.

10. AND 25 Engr Regt RE!!

11. Well most of the soldiers left Osnabrück by the end of November, however there were still a few soldiers remaining.

The last camp Mercer/Imphal Bks, was not handed back to the German Government until today.

12. Was there anything left of Mercer still standing?

13. Doesn't matter where the units have gone to(clue = the village), the person your probably after could be anywhere

14. 7rha left roberts bks mid 80s hope its not a daughter trying to trace me, the mem sab could be pissed off if it is